sharetrader
Page 73 of 120 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783 ... LastLast

Thread: SeaDragon

Quote Originally Posted by podg View Post
    You are assuming I am a male??? You two must go to AA ... assumptions anonymous. I have kept the wager simple, but I now get the impression that no actual sum of money can top the price of one's reputation. It could also be, if I read between the lines of Apathy's last post, that even he now would concede that SEA will indeed still be trading at the end of next year.
    There have been and there are a few companies which are living deads on the market - kept alive via 'oxygen' being pumped in so they can become backdoor listings.

of course. I've made one or two tidy profits from companies being taken over in such a fashion. here's hoping for another.

special trade of 50 million shares this afternoon. who might be buying ... ?? volumes in the past week or so have been higher than average. I could make a guess at who is selling, but on the other side ??

special trade of 50 million shares this afternoon. who might be buying ... ?? volumes in the past week or so have been higher than average. I could make a guess at who is selling, but on the other side ??
    Not hard to work out who is selling but the buying is a mystery for sure. They are big volumes based on historical levels and the price is basically 60% higher than CVT value it.

Guru

Yes - holding up surprisingly well. Maybe people trying to ride CVT coat tails given how well they have done and dont realise that CVT is getting shares at 8c + a nice interest rate in the meantime??

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
    Yes - holding up surprisingly well. Maybe people trying to ride CVT coat tails given how well they have done and dont realise that CVT is getting shares at 8c + a nice interest rate in the meantime??
    Agree - its actually hard to keep up with. I was wrong with the comment I passed about CVT using convertible instead of exercising options at .8 to protect share price. Options they have are actually 1.5 cents so only reason for not exercising is they got a much better deal.

Director sells shares on undertaking to Takeovers Panel

SeaDragon Limited (NZX:SEA) has previously received enquiries from
    shareholders regarding the sale of relatively small parcels of shares by
    entities associated with Stuart Macintosh (current director). As disclosed on
    26 January 2016, Mr Macintosh was required by the Takeovers Panel to sell in
    aggregate 5,282,125 shares. Mr Macintosh has advised the company that this
    requirement has been met with the sale of 3,551,300 shares on-market on 1
    June 2016, as disclosed to the market today. This sale was completed pursuant
    to an exemption to SeaDragon's securities trading policy and guidelines to
    allow Mr Macintosh to comply with the Takeovers Panel's requirements.

Mr Macintosh has confirmed his on-going commitment to SeaDragon and has
    advised that he does not currently intend to sell any further shares. Any
    further enquiries regarding these transactions should be directed to Mr
    Macintosh rather than to SeaDragon.

So that explains some of the volumes last week. Perhaps we will learn more about yesterday's trades sooner, rather than later.

So that explains some of the volumes last week. Perhaps we will learn more about yesterday's trades sooner, rather than later.
    https://www.nzx.com/companies/SEA/announcements/283771 wasn't a long weight and not overly surprising that as soon as trading window opened the founder and former CEO is taking the money and running.

No "confirming on-going commitment" this time. It really is the miracle stock though - 100% teflon - nothing sticks and nothing impacts price. Until the day it does..

So fairly predictable on the sell side. But again, would be very interested to know who/what was buying. I understand Forsyth Barr made the trade on both sides.