sharetrader
Page 76 of 120 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086 ... LastLast

Thread: SeaDragon

I got to admit that I was suprised when CVT came in, I had thought the likes of SAN would have been a more logical buyer, but then again maybe our Fishos did have a look & decieded not to join the party ?

Quote Originally Posted by kura View Post
    I got to admit that I was suprised when CVT came in, I had thought the likes of SAN would have been a more logical buyer, but then again maybe our Fishos did have a look & decieded not to join the party ?
    CVT do one fish oil omega 3 product which has been 'out of stock for months' - which isn't without irony given SEA problems. Begs the question with $7.5m of inventory (pre writedown) you would of thought there was something that CVT might have been interested in.... but nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Apathy View Post
    CVT do one fish oil omega 3 product which has been 'out of stock for months' - which isn't without irony given SEA problems. Begs the question with $7.5m of inventory (pre writedown) you would of thought there was something that CVT might have been interested in.... but nope.
    The write off (rather than write down) could be due to spoilage and/or unusable quality?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    The write off (rather than write down) could be due to spoilage and/or unusable quality?
    Write off was for Omega 2 fish oil not Omega 3 is my understanding

Quote Originally Posted by kiora View Post
    That's what I mean. Remember they were saying they could not meet demand before because of raw material issues?

Quote Originally Posted by kiora View Post
    It was - the Omega 2 that was 'going to underpin performance' ' run 24/7' and be a total 'game changer' ... however they have produced commercial product in a range of species since commissioning the plant.

Technically it was a write down - not write off as the product was still in stock and (as evidenced) sale-able.

I want to know if Heartland have extended the covenant lift - only ran to 30th June.

One thing that struck me as funny was the SEA website, where they infer that all product is sourced from the pristine waters of NZ. From dim memory most of their raw material was Peruvian Anchovies.

At least it was sourced from the sea !

Quote Originally Posted by kura View Post
    One thing that struck me as funny was the SEA website, where they infer that all product is sourced from the pristine waters of NZ. From dim memory most of their raw material was Peruvian Anchovies.

At least it was sourced from the sea !
    Exactly - reinforces my point they are the funniest show in town... import raw material, process at a loss and export!? How do you get an exporters award for that?

What about the opening line from the Chairman in the rural delivery feature "one only needs to study a map to see New Zealand is surrounded by oceans" - priceless! I always wondered why I couldn't drive very far........

Certainly must make Omega3 market difficult.....http://www.goedomega3.com/index.php/...dosage-matters

Quote Originally Posted by RTFQ View Post
    AA, Hawaian and United all beating earnings last week.

As an aside big negative news about to be released regarding the ineffectiveness of health supplements and fish oil, if one is into health supplement companies.
    From the AIR thread

Horrific story in The Listener this week re what old fish oils do to rats (in testing)

Probably nothing to do with Sea Dragon but related industry
    Last edited by winner69; 25-07-2016 at 11:02 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”