sharetrader
Page 9 of 120 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast

Thread: SeaDragon

Dilettante

biker there is no way they can get this sort of quantity from the Hoki fishery. To give you an idea, on a recent trip of a Hoki factory trawler, around 1,800 tonnes of Hoki were caught. During the trip, they produced 68,000 ltrs of fish oil. I understand this was their best oil production in any 1 trip ever.
    Some trawlers mix their fish oil with the fuel on their engines and will continue to do so as it is economical and reduces emission footprints.

Some of the Hoki is processed in onshore factories that do not extract oil. Another proportion of it is headed & gutted and then frozen onboard for further processing in China.

I therefore do not think it will be easy (or even possible) or cheap for them to source 5000t of oil from around the NZ fishing industry, not in the near future anyway.
    Last edited by iceman; 30-11-2013 at 11:31 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I therefore do not think it will be easy (or even possible) or cheap for them to source 5000t of oil from around the NZ fishing industry, not in the near future anyway.
    My point exactly.....and would not this raw material ideally need to come thru Port of Nelson to save on additional transport costs. New plant is 20ks away from port to start.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by ari View Post
    My point exactly.....and would not this raw material ideally need to come thru Port of Nelson to save on additional transport costs. New plant is 20ks away from port to start.
    If they have to start sourcing outside of Nelson, it will be much more expensive. There is big and growing demand for fish oil today, so they have serious competition.

In Nelson, they have to rely on supplies from Talley´s and Sealords. This makes me uneasy. I will not invest in SeaDragon while they have to rely on those 2 companies to supply them. I have seen up close what has happened to some service providers that have become too reliant on those 2 big fishing industry players. Seadragon needs to diversify supplies to have a viable and investable business as far as I am concerned.
    I hope I am wrong and that they have long term favourable and reliable supply contracts.
    Last edited by iceman; 30-11-2013 at 11:34 PM.

Well I'm trying to pick some up on the cheap today. I think they look like a pretty decent operation.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Rego55 View Post
    Well I'm trying to pick some up on the cheap today. I think they look like a pretty decent operation.
    1.9c is pretty cheap. Can then top up $15,000 at 1.7c [edit: 1.6c] under the SPP.
    Last edited by Harvey Specter; 03-12-2013 at 12:06 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Rego55 View Post
    Down to 1.8c now. Are you in yet.

Very unlikely it will go below the SPP price but having said that, BLT did and look at it now.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    1.6 billion shares and counting on issue...
    They have discussed a share consolidation - SNK has over 250m
    Last edited by Harvey Specter; 03-12-2013 at 02:22 PM. Reason: Spelling

I'm virtually out now. Contemplating the SPP but also considering security and quantity of supply of raw material, and the pending consolidation.

I had a buy order on for 1.7 but pulled it. I might just wait and see what happens with the SPP and how that affects things. I'm pretty sure that I'm going to get in at some stage but it's just a question of timing for me. I'm not a big player and am still trying to learn more about investing.

I've now just come in. Were those your shares I bought at 1.8c, biker? Please elaborate on your assessment of 'security and quantity of supply' issues.

Two suppliers are better than one, and money talks. This is a growing industry and there's plenty of oil-rich Hoki out in them thar' seas.

I'll complete my research before deciding whether or not to buy more at 1.6c under their SPP. Does anybody know if the rights are tradeable?

BC
    Last edited by Bobcat.; 03-12-2013 at 03:22 PM.
    To foretell the future, one must first unlock the secrets of the past.