sharetrader
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Absolute144 View Post
    It may be trading at a discount ... but this is only a bargain if there is a degree of quality within the portfolio...to me there is no quality left (and it is debatable if there was any potential to start with)

Previous "game breakers" such as Asian Mineral Resources and now Chatham Rock were unfortunately one trick ponies who turned out to be donkeys instead

I also believe for the portfolio value that the management fees are now excessive for the return achieved over the past 5-10 years.

This is now what I would call very high risk (I'm pretty risk adverse) but the "game breaker" could be lurking there in the background for those that continue to hold.

Good luck to all who hold

Bear

ps use to hold prior to Asian Mineral demise but now see little if any value left

Legend

Would AOR, with a bit of help from new board member Simon Henderson, be able to handle 40% of the costs of exploratory drilling of a gold permit (Waihi West)? This is after shelling out $200k in cash and $800,000 of shares for the deal, plus be in the gun for old exploration debts owed to Newmont for a stalled permit, WKP.

I haven't followed AOR much, but it seems to be an illiquid share at the moment.

Anyone taking up their shares in the rights issue that closes this week (I think)?

Closes next Friday (the 23rd).
    I have 300,000, so only throwing $270 at it to take up my entitlement (that almost makes it sound like I should be grateful!), and after having a cat in and out of the vet's the last few months, let's face it, $270 really is nothing..........

IMO

You could give that $270 to the next homeless person you see
    You could donate it to a Surf life saving club or St Johns which the govt doesn't think is worth fully funding
    You could form a charity money trail with 2700 10cent pieces, for Syrian refugees.
    You could see if you can cook bacon and eggs outside in a frypan with $5 notes for fuel and take wagers.
    You could give it to AOR because they know they deserve your money and are entitled to it. Rinse and repeat.One born every minute. Fresh meat.Rinse and repeat, Theres one born very minute............

I know, I know........
    I support plenty of charities already. What's one more..........

IMO

Good on you mate.Hey Grimy, i know you don't mean AOR is like a charity; just like D Trumps charity is not a charity; its a vehicle to enrich/advantage himself just like AOR/WID CRP . Have you read through all the threads and checked their track records?. There are plenty of spekky stocks on the ASX where one has a real chance of multi bagging ( high risk of course but exciting). with this one there is no chance; its like buying $270 worth of lotto tickets knowing the almost impossible odds then throwing ithemaway without checking the numbers. But then its not ,lotto supports charities ,AOR supports itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Good on you mate.Hey Grimy, i know you don't mean AOR is like a charity; just like D Trumps charity is not a charity; its a vehicle to enrich/advantage himself just like AOR/WID CRP . Have you read through all the threads and checked their track records?. There are plenty of spekky stocks on the ASX where one has a real chance of multi bagging ( high risk of course but exciting). with this one there is no chance; its like buying $270 worth of lotto tickets knowing the almost impossible odds then throwing ithemaway without checking the numbers. But then its not ,lotto supports charities ,AOR supports itself.
    Your right.. but for those sharetraders with no chance at buying the good stocks in large numbers it's worth a shot.. I beleive they call these type of stocks penny stocks or Moon shots because the chance is low but there is a chance

If CRP or AOR make it to $0.15 my porfolio would have a massive boost and my ability to buy a house along with it.. better than a lotto ticket in some ways.. atleast it's not $20 gone in a flash with no chance at return (Wasn't that long ago that CRP was at $0.20 you know )
    Last edited by NeverQuestion; 15-09-2016 at 10:06 AM.

IMO

Dreams are free; the odds don't stack up; the risk/reward is extreme, this will cost you, but support their lifestyle .Their track record is consistent there; investors are the losers. Check out Dark horses 4 bagger (OPT)on Biotec stocks for example. You will participate in more cap raises because you are on the hook.
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 15-09-2016 at 07:41 PM.

Guru

I see the SPP closes tomorrow, are there any takers for them at .008 per share ?