sharetrader
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by youngatheart View Post
    What's even more galling for AOR I think is that this time last year AOR had 100% ownership of this permit. Just goes to show how important it is to have the right management team, with the right skills, in the right place, at the right time.

It's really quite incredible how quickly Mosman have turned this out. Having only listed on AIM in March they have managed 2 oil finds from 1 drill, another drill in progress as we speak and another 3-5 left to go. Not only that, Mosman churn out weekly updates every Monday and the BOD have presented at an important Oil conference with another one scheduled next week.

You couldn't ask for a better way to run an oil explorer. Makes NZOG look lame...
    Whoa!!!!!!! Youngatheart, with only 79 posts you shouldn,t be bitter just yet..(leave that to the 3000 plus posters)...aor had the permit but no money...mossman had the money but no permit..so a match was made

exactly right ziggy - AOR has always been cash poor, but on occasion asset rich. The problem as I see it is they won't cash out of their assets when they get to crazy valuations. AMR is a perfect example of sitting and watching a shareholding get diluted to oblivion. At one stage that parcel of shares was worth megabucks, now its a few dollars. I just hope they can let go of these assets when the valuations are stretched. Chris is quite good at developing an asset, but they need to be able to cash in and move on.

This daily niggling about NTA is getting on my nerves as well - there is no need for it. We know it's undervalued on paper, and IMO it is this very reason of not cashing out, that buyers are not prepared to take the share price up to fair value.

I like what Mossman have done so far, but again, they too are off buying up more prospects before they have even bedded in a cash-flow project.

I guess I'm what you could call a reluctant supporter - I'm in for the SPP but not for the full amount.

Quote Originally Posted by ziggy415 View Post
    Whoa!!!!!!! Youngatheart, with only 79 posts you shouldn,t be bitter just yet..(leave that to the 3000 plus posters)...aor had the permit but no money...mossman had the money but no permit..so a match was made
    Look at Griffin...he actually wished the shareholders good luck...quite refreshing

Quote Originally Posted by Xerof View Post
    exactly right ziggy - AOR has always been cash poor, but on occasion asset rich. The problem as I see it is they won't cash out of their assets when they get to crazy valuations. AMR is a perfect example of sitting and watching a shareholding get diluted to oblivion. At one stage that parcel of shares was worth megabucks, now its a few dollars. I just hope they can let go of these assets when the valuations are stretched. Chris is quite good at developing an asset, but they need to be able to cash in and move on.

This daily niggling about NTA is getting on my nerves as well - there is no need for it. We know it's undervalued on paper, and IMO it is this very reason of not cashing out, that buyers are not prepared to take the share price up to fair value.

I like what Mossman have done so far, but again, they too are off buying up more prospects before they have even bedded in a cash-flow project.

I guess I'm what you could call a reluctant supporter - I'm in for the SPP but not for the full amount.
    Mossman have already asked for more money and while aor participated it it was not fully so theyve been watered down from 13% to 12.3% already....the same happened with chattams.....If mossman does get to production in greymouth more money will be required and more dilution will occur

Have to agree with Xerof AMR was - is a disappointment because of repeated dilution of holding, Mossman will go the same way for the same reason. Hope I am wrong
    as I still hold a few.

westerly

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    You guys want to clue us in about AMR?
    Was worth $2 per share or thereabouts at one stage. Look at the price now... AOR was worth about 100 x (or some ridiculous amount that AOR have obfuscated with a share split and also a share consolidation) what it is worth today.... go figure. Check out the exercise price for AORWA!!

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Exclamation you put your left leg in, you pull your left leg out, you do the okey-cokey

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Was worth $2 per share or thereabouts at one stage. Look at the price now... AOR was worth about 100 x (or some ridiculous amount that AOR have obfuscated with a share split and also a share consolidation) what it is worth today.... go figure. Check out the exercise price for AORWA!!
    There did a 50 to 1 share consolidation in Jun' 08 and then a 1 to 20 share split in Aug' 12.

My price data for this, which goes back 14 years, looks a mess so either they did another big split in Dec' 03 or something bad happened.

Something else bad looks like it happened in Sep '08.

Anyway round it has lots of history

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

IMO

I posted this on 8/8/13 on CRP thread. Also have a look at the first page on the CRP thread re all the Dilution shenanigans.

Last ann report

consultancy fees $498,126 Do they do any of this ?

Directorsfees $49,000

Gen exp $41,269

Management fees $180,000

Office $52,733

Rent $26,385

TRAVEL $229,060 chris and linda live in golden bay above the sea. Office is in wellington where they stay during the week and they are the only 2 that run it? Expensive place to travel from, Takaka twice a week by the looks.

Int free loans Yes but not much this year more in 2012

payment to Nevay holdings ? $459,400 c castle and l saunders

Aorere Holdings and subsea check cross hoildings etc.

Options issued check.
    Please check accuracy for yourself. check history of widespread,dilution , issues of shares ,etc amount of fees of all sorts, clipping the ticket.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    There did a 50 to 1 share consolidation in Jun' 08 and then a 1 to 20 share split in Aug' 12.

My price data for this, which goes back 14 years, looks a mess so either they did another big split in Dec' 03 or something bad happened.

Something else bad looks like it happened in Sep '08.

Anyway round it has lots of history

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    Isn't Dec 03 roughly when AMR went from hero to zero and pretty much destroyed anything that was left in AOR/WID?

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Isn't Dec 03 roughly when AMR went from hero to zero and pretty much destroyed anything that was left in AOR/WID?
    My god I hate it when you guys are right but lets hope chattams and mosman can salvage something for poor suffering shareholders......2012 options became 2017 options thanks to the amount chris and linda had and helped with the 75% vote count and perhaps they will become 2022 options because thats about when my options will be in the money.....aor have stated they are going to exit overseas holdings in nickel mine and mongolian gold prospect but I bet they keep mossman.....if the options are ever in the money i,l be a trillionaire and will be able to retire ...oh wait i,l be a 109 by then and have no need for fast cars and loose women...bugger