sharetrader
Page 1 of 205 123451151101 ... LastLast

Default Wynyard Group capital raising?

Another potential IPO...

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=10881694

I don't know any more about this company than I've read this morning in the article above but I thought I'd share for the forum to discuss / contribute to / debate.

QUOTE FROM ARTICLE

A further potential move away from Jade would be a Wynyard stock market listing. Richardson won't comment on this but confirms the board is considering capital-raising options with a decision expected in the next three to six months.
    "We are growing quickly in the US and Middle East and at some stage we will need more capital if we want to continue exporting to these markets," he says.

Guru

It sounds like it is a former business unit of Jade. Separated out as part of a management buyout???

The question for me would be why didn't Jade retain it?
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by CJ View Post
    The question for me would be why didn't Jade retain it?
    "Wynyard is majority-owned by Skipton Building Society, which also has a majority shareholding in Jade." - I think they are just separating the Jade product from the Wynyard product. Given the sensitive nature of the work that Wynyard does this is probably a good thing.

Guru

Just had a quick look and the top shareholdings are near identical so maybe they are just gonig for structural separation. If an IPO does come, it will be interesting to see if existing shareholders buy, sell or just get diluted by the new equity.

400 customers, of which some a huge corproates or Governments - looks like an interesting company. I wonder if it is profitable - is it a DIL?

I suspect this company will be more of a DIL than a XRO. They offer a niche product targeted at large clients and there doesn't seem to be much competition in their field. If their leadership team is good then I think this would be a solid investment.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Banksie View Post
    I suspect this company will be more of a DIL than a XRO. They offer a niche product targeted at large clients and there doesn't seem to be much competition in their field. If their leadership team is good then I think this would be a solid investment.
    having looked at 1 article and the front page of their website, I tend to agree.

Lets hope they do decide to put this on the NZX and we can do a more detailed review of the prospectus.

Just got a question for the forum - I see we can only purchase shares in this IPO through one of two brokers managing the IPO. However I currently use the do-it-yourself ANZ online service. If I approach one of the brokers managing this IPO and want to purchase shares, do I have to hand over the rest of my portfolio to them as well? Or will I just be able to purchase some of the Wynard shares through them, pay the necessary brokerage fee, and I keep the rest of my portfolio seperate? Also, what are the chances even of me being able to buy some given I'll be a small fish as a new customer to a broker?
    Thanks in advance for your insights.