sharetrader
Page 203 of 205 FirstFirst ... 103153193199200201202203204205 LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,030 of 2042
    Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Quote Originally Posted by kyanar View Post
    And by snail mail, I presume you mean they sticky taped a note to an actual snail and sent it on its way to you.
    Well if they did my snail is either very very slow or it has gotten lost because I have never recieved any information from them

Just had a meeting close to the (as I found out previous) Jade headquarters (remember - the company "creating" our amazing Wynyard and cashing in most of the proceeds from the WYN listing ...). They used to be housed in a quite flash glass palace in the Christchurch Technology Park close to the airport.

I had a bit of time and went off for a walk ... and was quite surprised to find out that the flash building (still standing) is now home to a cafe and (next to others) some sort of private education provider. The Jade insignia disappeared - but a "for sale" sign is now in front of the building - just incase somebody is interested in buying a very representative building - might be cheap?

The once proud Jade moved on some quarters - and sits now in a quite smallish and (certainly under the harsh sunlight) run down looking two story building at the end of the road. Sounds like they lost (or probably had ot let go) more than half of their staff as well.

Maybe there is some sort of divine justice after all?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Just had a meeting close to the (as I found out previous) Jade headquarters (remember - the company "creating" our amazing Wynyard and cashing in most of the proceeds from the WYN listing ...). They used to be housed in a quite flash glass palace in the Christchurch Technology Park close to the airport.

I had a bit of time and went off for a walk ... and was quite surprised to find out that the flash building (still standing) is now home to a cafe and (next to others) some sort of private education provider. The Jade insignia disappeared - but a "for sale" sign is now in front of the building - just incase somebody is interested in buying a very representative building - might be cheap?

The once proud Jade moved on some quarters - and sits now in a quite smallish and (certainly under the harsh sunlight) run down looking two story building at the end of the road. Sounds like they lost (or probably had ot let go) more than half of their staff as well.

Maybe there is some sort of divine justice after all?
    Was thinking about this thread today and thought when do we get our small reimbursement for that lovely failed company. Of course we were told it may happen and not a guarantee........ I met someone yesterday who used Wynyard’s failure as her case study in finance for how not to do business.

<Insert User Title>

Anyone else get an email from KordaMentha?

'Subject to the final resolution of certain matters, we also
    anticipate there may be a very small amount of funds available to be distributed to shareholders.'

Fingers crossed but not hoping... just wonder how very small that amount might be.

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Quote Originally Posted by Vish View Post
    Anyone else get an email from KordaMentha?

'Subject to the final resolution of certain matters, we also
    anticipate there may be a very small amount of funds available to be distributed to shareholders.'

Fingers crossed but not hoping... just wonder how very small that amount might be.
    I gave up hoping for anything back from my disasterous investment in Wynyard a long time ago. If they say there may be a very small amount of funds available I suspect that means we might see a very very very small amount distributed to us. I am thinking a chocolate topped icecream amount

PS I think we will be lucky to get 1% of our investment back, if we got anywhere near 10% I would be pretty excited, anything more than that and I would probably break out in a smile
    Last edited by RupertBear; 12-03-2019 at 02:56 PM.

I’m trying to understand what went wrong with Wynyard (I wasn’t an investor but want to learn from them). I’d like to read their old annual reports, but they’re not on the NZX anymore. Anybody got a copy they could send me?

Quote Originally Posted by MtGox View Post
    I’m trying to understand what went wrong with Wynyard (I wasn’t an investor but want to learn from them). I’d like to read their old annual reports, but they’re not on the NZX anymore. Anybody got a copy they could send me?
    Make sure you read this entire thread too....a friend of mine lost most of 75k....I couldn’t convince them not to buy at the start, nor could I convince to sell on the way down because this ‘was going to be big’ and another friend of theirs put their house deposit into it (which was a sure guarantee to success).

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by MtGox View Post
    Sorry I threw all my reports away. I think management were way out of their depth.

MtGox, I have the 2013 and 2015 Annual Reports as well as the 2013 interim Report.

If you are interested in those, send me a private notification with the address you like me to send them to.

2019 NZ Stock Picking Winner silverblizzard888's Avatar

Can't get you the annual report, but if you are really interested there is a investigation report produced by the FMA on Wynyard https://www.fma.govt.nz/news-and-res...group-limited/