sharetrader
Page 10 of 205 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Baddarcy View Post
    Hey Tosspot, where did you hear that? I've been through all of the documentation i have received and can't see anything that says the cash must be in my account by Monday?
    ASB advised that that as well but only in response to a question.

I would have thought funds should only be taken from account just prior to 12 July which is closing date.
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    REALLY glad I didn't join in now! What a cock-up of an IPO. When something doesn't seem right, go with that gut-instinct!
    Lets just wait and see. Biggest % gain (or lowest % loss) by year end between WYN IPO price and SNK SPP price.
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Baddarcy View Post
    Hey Tosspot, where did you hear that? I've been through all of the documentation i have received and can't see anything that says the cash must be in my account by Monday?
    When I emailed in the broker responded in with that. and then I called the helpline who went and spoke to her manager and claimed that was the case.

Veteran novice

Just a thought, but I assume that you were acting as a direct participant in the book-build? I've never been involved that way but often by indicating an interest to my broker, subject to reading the investment statement and signing the necessary documentation. Pay a little more for the privilege but it allows a certain amount of leeway!

So is anyone else going through asb securities and is required to have there funds in there by Monday morning, There taking a while to email back and I have no direct number for anyone important

Hi TP. I originally expressed my interest with ASB sec and then followed with emailing back my number of shares I wanted, minimum amount. I have had an email back from ASB sec today to the effect to get the form to them with payment, either cheque or from cash management ac number as soon as possible but not by monday! The last day to get info to the share register is the 12th July so I would have thought plenty of time to organise with ASB and then for them to manage the forwarding of info. If you emailed the amount of shares you wanted ASB Sec to bid for, there was a line that it would be classed as a binding bid so I can't see you actually getting out of paying for the successful share bid. Even if you are later than Monday!!!

Quote Originally Posted by G on View Post
    Hi TP. I originally expressed my interest with ASB sec and then followed with emailing back my number of shares I wanted, minimum amount. I have had an email back from ASB sec today to the effect to get the form to them with payment, either cheque or from cash management ac number as soon as possible but not by monday! The last day to get info to the share register is the 12th July so I would have thought plenty of time to organise with ASB and then for them to manage the forwarding of info. If you emailed the amount of shares you wanted ASB Sec to bid for, there was a line that it would be classed as a binding bid so I can't see you actually getting out of paying for the successful share bid. Even if you are later than Monday!!!
    yea I eventually got hold of the brokers and they said i can have until next friday to cough up the funds. they were pushing for asap

Quote Originally Posted by tosspot View Post
    yea I eventually got hold of the brokers and they said i can have until next friday to cough up the funds. they were pushing for asap
    Not surprised. There will be many who are now questioning why they got the full allocation and wanting to pull out?

The brokers have to take the shares themselves and sue clients for any loss suffered. Gains the clients still get to keep!

percy

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    Just a thought, but I assume that you were acting as a direct participant in the book-build? I've never been involved that way but often by indicating an interest to my broker, subject to reading the investment statement and signing the necessary documentation. Pay a little more for the privilege but it allows a certain amount of leeway!
    I too register my interest,subject to reading the prospectus.

Default power security

Article in The Australian about security of infrastructure assets which is one of the areas Wynyard are in - Looks like a good growth area along with protecting fraud in banking industry.

Who has ended up going ahead with buying into the float.
    Maybe mistimed the float given the global downturn in the sharemarket.

Timing is everything. SLI got in just in time to have a good stag on day 1.

DYOR

THE systems that run large, critical infrastructure such as electricity, water treatment and traffic control are high-risk targets for cyber attack in Australia, according to industry expert Ernest Foo.

The Queensland University of Technology cyber security expert said existing industrial control systems were not designed to protect against cyber attacks.