sharetrader
Page 106 of 205 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116156 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 2042

Quote Originally Posted by silverblizzard888 View Post
    I think the result will be better than they suggested because of the low NZ dollar. When we think of exporters we think of physical product companies like dairy and such too much, but WYN is an exporter themselves and will benefit greatly from the low NZ dollar too.
    Long term - yes; short term - I doubt it, but depends on their hedging policies (which I don't know). Still more important would be in my view a plan to profitability to give people at least a chance to value the company. The OHE and XRO principle does not work for everybody - and at this stage I am not even sure, whether it works for the two.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by moimoi View Post
    Hmm wonder if the late crossing yesterday of 1,120,000 @ $1.55 was the capitulation trade of the recent selling..

RSI has bounced off 20...is the bottom in??
    Could be moimoi, good observation. The RSI bounce and MoneyFlow might be just due to the large volume though, which has tweaked those indicators, i.e. not representative of general trading sentiment which has been bearish since the huge spike in Jan 2014.

I really do like WYN but got out at $1.92 at a very small loss, which in hindsight I'm pleased about now, but I'd like to get back in. What's stopping me though is despite continued good news from the company, the SP keeps waning.

As BP correctly pointed out, like a few other NZ techs that give little or no guidance, and have no profit and no plans to profitability, it's impossible to value the company. Personally I don't consider it 'investing' if you can't value the asset, so falls into the category of speculation, where I like to be a lot more active managing capital.

So purely on TA with no technical price support below here until the Jan 2014 spike from $1.16, I'll stay out until at least the SP crosses my favourite 10/14 weekly EMA's to the upside.

Attachment 7480

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    What's stopping me though is despite continued good news from the company, the SP keeps waning.
    As BP correctly pointed out, like a few other NZ techs that give little or no guidance, and have no profit and no plans to profitability, it's impossible to value the company. Personally I don't consider it 'investing' if you can't value the asset, so falls into the category of speculation, where I like to be a lot more active managing capital.
    So purely on TA with no technical price support below here until the Jan 2014 spike from $1.16, I'll stay out until at least the SP crosses my favourite 10/14 weekly EMA's to the upside.
    Attachment 7480
    I would rather be in this one now than try to guess an exacting bottom. I am happy holding long term with a break even under $2. Tempting to buy more at these prices and have been even though I am topped up enough now.
    I do not see investing in this, and some other techs, as speculation. Some are I agree. I do not see it as the sole importance that you cannot apply traditional valuation calculation methods to what the company has, because there are not the required figures yet. I research many techs and select the ones that I see promise in their IP, I understand their space and story, and they have started to monetise (proven they can monetise) their idea. Yes, the volatility of tech is not for everyone - maybe not suited to your style, with all due respect.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by lastmoa View Post
    I would rather be in this one now than try to guess an exacting bottom. I am happy holding long term with a break even under $2. Tempting to buy more at these prices and have been even though I am topped up enough now.
    I do not see investing in this, and some other techs, as speculation. Some are I agree. I do not see it as the sole importance that you cannot apply traditional valuation calculation methods to what the company has, because there are not the required figures yet. I research many techs and select the ones that I see promise in their IP, I understand their space and story, and they have started to monetise (proven they can monetise) their idea. Yes, the volatility of tech is not for everyone - maybe not suited to your style, with all due respect.
    Seems to me that while you question my 'style' you misunderstand what I wrote. I'm happy to buy tech, I also understand their space, and have a significant proportion of my portfolio in the tech sector and I like WYN ... but sold it while it searches for a reversal of the sustained downtrend. What I also said lastmoa is that I'm happy not losing more capital on WYN and will wait for a confirmed uptrend, which is rather different than your interpretation of picking an exact bottom. Good luck with your holding.

Default Palantir Raises $450 Million, Now Valued At $20 Billion

http://techcrunch.com/2015/07/24/pal...90810689946864

Palantir, the makers of a data analytics platform used by government agencies, law enforcement, as well as financial, insurance, retail and healthcare industries, has confirmed by way of an SEC filing that it has raised an additional $450 million in a new round of funding. The filing indicates the company had offered $500 million in stock, which means $50 million more could still be in the works. According to a report by the WSJ, the funding was raised at a valuation of $20 billion, up from its late 2014 valuation of $15 billion.
    The capital raising itself is valued at more than Wynyard.

According to https://www.nzx.com/markets/NZSX/securities/WYN:
    Capitalisation (000s): $218,099
    Last edited by Onion; 27-07-2015 at 01:50 PM. Reason: speeling

2019 NZ Stock Picking Winner silverblizzard888's Avatar

Sources say Palantir's revenue is about 500 million or maybe slightly higher, but a 500 million revenue is a P/E of 40 given 20 billion valuation
    If you give that P/E to WYN we'd have a 1.6 billion MCAP valuation (based off 40 million revenue to come), but thats the difference between US and NZ valuations.

Its funny because Xero gets that valuation of multiple of 20, 120 million revenue giving it 2.4 billion in MCAP, but possibly since it has more exposure in the US market. If WYN got that valuation it would be 800 million MCAP.

So given we have those valuations doesn't WYN seem cheap now? Cheap as chips?
    Last edited by silverblizzard888; 27-07-2015 at 01:17 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by silverblizzard888 View Post
    Sources say Palantir's revenue is about 500 million or maybe slightly higher, but a 500 million revenue is a P/E of 40 given 20 billion valuation
    If you give that P/E to WYN we'd have a 1.6 billion MCAP valuation (based off 40 million revenue to come), but thats the difference between US and NZ valuations.

Its funny because Xero gets that valuation of multiple of 20, 120 million revenue giving it 2.4 billion in MCAP, but possibly since it has more exposure in the US market. If WYN got that valuation it would be 800 million MCAP.

So given we have those valuations doesn't WYN seem cheap now? Cheap as chips?
    What is the revenue growth though - you need to tie the revenue multiple to the revenue growth.
    WYN multiple of less than 10 does look a bit light.

Disc: Holding ​on for dear life!

Still spiraling downwards .... need some news .... new signup announcements appear to have gone quiet.

Would be interested to hear Snaps take on it since he was singing from the rafters over this. But he seems to be on a permanent holiday / fishing trip. Anyhow hopefully they sign some of those big contracts that were alluded to or at least give the market some sort of good announcement soon.

Quote Originally Posted by moimoi View Post
    Hmm wonder if the late crossing yesterday of 1,120,000 @ $1.55 was the capitulation trade of the recent selling..

RSI has bounced off 20...is the bottom in??
    Well the $1.55 clearly wasn't the bottom. $1.47 yesterday. A chunky trade of $3M has gone through today. Milford continuing to sell down....

Off 30% inside 6 months. Doesn't look like a stock with a currency tailwind behind it.