sharetrader
Page 11 of 205 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by etrader View Post
    THE systems that run large, critical infrastructure such as electricity, water treatment and traffic control are high-risk targets for cyber attack in Australia, according to industry expert Ernest Foo.

The Queensland University of Technology cyber security expert said existing industrial control systems were not designed to protect against cyber attacks.
    Wait until Bruce Willis pops his clogs, there will be cyber terrorists all over the show.

I see this as a long-term stock for growth and like how they appear to be structured. No contact from ASB about an allocation though, so it looks like I get to see what happens on the market before I jump in.
    Last edited by TimmyTP; 26-06-2013 at 08:41 AM. Reason: Damn you, autocorrect

I got offered my allocation straight away (From ASB). I'm wondering whether it's based on the amount of trade costs they rake from me as I seem to pay my fair share.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Whipmoney View Post
    I got offered my allocation straight away (From ASB). I'm wondering whether it's based on the amount of trade costs they rake from me as I seem to pay my fair share.
    There was no scaling so ASB (and all other brokerages) got everything they asked for.

I got a small allocation. I do wonder if more would have subscribed if Sam Morgan was on the register as in my opinion, this is a better offering than SLI. I am happy it went for the lower end of the range but given no oversubscriptions, I expect it to (unfortunately) go down in the short term.
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

ASb just called me and said we can pull out if we want because of the changes from the original but I only have an hour to respond, now that ive got the option I feel compelled to go ahead with it. tough choices.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    I would do it. Total cock-up, no over subscriptions and very low start price. This thing isn't going to bolt straight out the gate if that's what you're hoping for (I was, I'll be honest!)
    I wouldn't go as far as total cock up - and no oversubscription is balanced out (at least in part) by low starting price. Raising $65m for an unknown tech company was always going to be hard so the fact it wasn't undersubscribed should actually be seen as a positive.

Thoughts on wynyard doing the spy work for the govt or is it all under wraps who has that work.

I got my full allocation requested but I guess timing is everything a few months prior this stock would have stagged - happy long term holder.

They just announced another partnership in the UK

Quote Originally Posted by CJ View Post
    I wouldn't go as far as total cock up - and no oversubscription is balanced out (at least in part) by low starting price. Raising $65m for an unknown tech company was always going to be hard so the fact it wasn't undersubscribed should actually be seen as a positive.
    I think CJ is spot on, the fact it was fully subscribed is definitely a positive. It was within the price band too, even thou it was at the lower end.

If you want to see what a cock up looks like, google BBQ Factory IPO :-)

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Baddarcy View Post
    If you want to see what a cock up looks like, google BBQ Factory IPO :-)
    I dont remember that one but Burgerfuel also comes to mind - it only hit the minimum amount after the founding shareholder put more money in - that is the reason that company has so little liquidity. Not sure why it didn't go well - you could buy in store on your credit card - "would like like shares with that?"

Sam Morgans backing it by putting $2.5m on the line:

http://www.nbr.co.nz/article/sam-mor...po-ck-p-142385

Quote Originally Posted by Whipmoney View Post
    Sam Morgans backing it by putting $2.5m on the line:

http://www.nbr.co.nz/article/sam-mor...po-ck-p-142385
    I almost get the feeling they asked him, as he and wynyard know that others will buy simply because hes buying in.