sharetrader
Page 136 of 205 FirstFirst ... 3686126132133134135136137138139140146186 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 2042
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    Probably a contract over three years, as all the others. I wonder if there is any clauses in the contracts for the client to "get out" within the period. Or any other penalty or non performance clauses.
    Anyone would think I was an insider trader. Not good for Wynyard, when there are alternatives to their software from Microsoft and the other 500,000 programmers writing code in India.

Anyone would think I was an insider trader. Not good for Wynyard, when there are alternatives to their software from Microsoft and the other 500,000 programmers writing code in India.
    What would concern me more is that according to the article Microsoft SharePoint does not support the missing feature either ... and the SFO still choose to jump ship (and pay for it).

Why would anybody change from one non compliant tool to another non compliant tool and spend additional money for this change - unless of course, there is another (untold) reason for them not wanting to continue to use WYN software?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Divorced from logic Hectorplains's Avatar

Or when the SFO go with a Microsoft package even thou it DOESN'T meet their needs. Makes you wonder about why they need to ditch WYN before they even found something that could do what they need. Doesn't make much sense.

Membaa

Don't read too much into it, the SFO policy wonks decide they want a "unique feature" (new function) outside the original brief to handle "complex documents" (input or output uncertain). WYN say no, "this product wasn't in our roadmap" (i.e. it's unique to SFO, SFO probably don't want to pay much for a be-spoke one-off feature and WYN can't sell it anywhere else). SFO decide in their infinite wisdom it's better to toss the baby out with the bathwater and WYN agree SFO is not good reference customer, there's bigger and better opportunities elsewhere. Subsequently SFO discover a generic MS product Sharepoint can't deliver their "complex document" either. No big deal for WYN that I can see, some customers are better off stewing in their own juices than diverting valuable resources from WYN into developing functions or 'products' that have no repeatable market value.

Banned

So, what are we saying NZ SFO is a one off organisation that does not share any similarities with any other organisation in the world?

It does not make business sense, to enter into a contract, and then to allow one party to back out. That is what a contract is, it binds both parties to the terms of the contract. There is more to this for Wynyard to let the SFO out of the contract.
    Last edited by Andrew; 08-03-2016 at 09:29 AM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Hectorplains View Post
    Or when the SFO go with a Microsoft package even thou it DOESN'T meet their needs. Makes you wonder about why they need to ditch WYN before they even found something that could do what they need. Doesn't make much sense.
    My read of it was SFO already used SharePoint so made a small termination payment (WYN Profit) to end the contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    No big deal for WYN that I can see, some customers are better off stewing in their own juices than diverting valuable resources from WYN into developing functions or 'products' that have no repeatable market value.
    Agree with you 100% there.

WYN has to be very disciplined in keeping to the specifications quoted and contracted to customers - otherwise, it can be a bottomless pit of servicing clients for irrecoverable costs and expenses.

This is where Provenco went wrong and went broke. It landed a few big contracts (sp went up and accolades flowed) but spent all of its resources servicing those contracts until the market woke up to what was happening and stopped funding the sham.

Investor

There's a good chance the price could go below the right issue price of 85c going by trading pattern.

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    There's a good chance the price could go below the right issue price of 85c going by trading pattern.
    Well I certainly hope so, and I'm a holder.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    What would the implications be? Would those "pledging" to support the rights still do so? And if so are they in for the long term or will they look to offload once they have their shares? Interesting times ahead... maybe.
    I do not think it will go under the 85 cent mark before the rights are done now, too much at stake and similar to PEB, those instos with stakes will keep the rights in the money..... (just conjecture mind)