sharetrader
Page 184 of 205 FirstFirst ... 84134174180181182183184185186187188194 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,840 of 2042
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by blobbles View Post
    Murray Page was CFO from ~Feb 2013 - May 2016. Replaced by Phillip Eustace.
    I think Phil was brought in on contract and decided not to renew.

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    ...another reason why that list may not be the best reference for additions to the Naughty list!
    However, he was the CEO of NZ Hearld before that so take from that as you will. Nt exactly someone to bring into a company aiming for high growth.o

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    ...another reason why that list may not be the best reference for additions to the Naughty list!
    I bumped into Murray when he was at Air NZ, short duration in positions since....
    Last edited by Raz; 25-10-2016 at 01:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    One of the best jobs in town they reckon

Sometimes they do perform miracles
    Agree with you Winner. Administrators and Liquidators (especially Liquidators!) really wallow in this stuff. What I've noted quite a few times is their services seem to "interestingly" come to an end once the receivables are all in and the bank accounts are empty. Some of their final reports are startling!!

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by Dentie View Post
    Agree with you Winner. Administrators and Liquidators (especially Liquidators!) really wallow in this stuff. What I've noted quite a few times is their services seem to "interestingly" come to an end once the receivables are all in and the bank accounts are empty. Some of their final reports are startling!!
    Well, no-one's going to work for nothing these days - interns excepted!

A grim turn-up. Just wish to extend thanks to the posters on ST who have thrown up some good information on dynamics and valuation of tech start-ups on here over the years, particularly as a counterpoint to the blind optimism generated out of the sector itself (supported by govt) through the late noughties until Xero "dug in" and heads cooled.

If I were an investor, I'd also be looking deeper than the directorship for names to add to the naughty list - particularly with key management roles concerned with product/market fit (i.e. marketing and sales managers, product owners etc.). There's such little depth of experience available in NZ in terms of technology-savvy corporate leadership to scale these kind of companies and establish in foreign markets.

It was always going to be a tricky market to crack given the head-spinning political sensitivities attached to security/intelligence software.
    "The market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent." – John Maynard Keynes

Might get a buck for some of their software

http://www.sharechat.co.nz/article/4...ware-for-1html
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

So obvious

From twitterland

@ClareCapital: We say to clients that there are only two rules: "make sales and manage cash flow". Wynyard (NZX:WYN) is what happens when you do neither.

NBR says 3 possible buyers for Wynyard

Fire sale to pay KordaMentha fees, shareholders get nix...that's my reckoning on this fiasco.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Vultures are flying overhead, everyone wants a piece now. I could write the Kord Mentha report now and save the company $1.5m. "Failed business model, with software that didn't perform, reckless management, and high flying ideas." Wasnt this the company where the CEO sold his shares at some price above $2-00 because he wanted to paint or do up his house, or was that PEB.