sharetrader
Page 194 of 205 FirstFirst ... 94144184190191192193194195196197198204 ... LastLast
Results 1,931 to 1,940 of 2042
    Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Quote Originally Posted by Earthling View Post
    How do you know that Milford didn't see these things?
    At a client update, a couple of Milford staff responded to a question about Wynyard. From memory, they said something like the following: that Milford were selling "throughout", that they went from holding 17% of the company to holding 6%, and at the end, 2%, that the loss when Wynyard finally succumbed was less than the gain from another company (Fletcher Building I think) on the same day, and that Milford had been working with the company to try to save it.
    I am correct in thinking if Milford were selling down and working with the company to try and save it they were privy to information us smaller share holders were not? Smells like rotten fish to me but I am a newbie investor so I don't know what information should be disclosed to the market.

Earthling

Quote Originally Posted by RupertBear View Post
    I am correct in thinking if Milford were selling down and working with the company to try and save it they were privy to information us smaller share holders were not? Smells like rotten fish to me but I am a newbie investor so I don't know what information should be disclosed to the market.
    You might be right. I wonder about company visits that fund managers make. Some funds boast about the large number of company visits that they make. If the fund managers are not getting information from the visits that they wouldn't otherwise get, what is the point of making the visits? Perhaps companies should have conference calls in which they are questioned, and which are can be heard on the internet. I have heard such conference calls made by US companies.

Possible takeover of the Cognevo product by Telstra AU

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/indu...art-of-wynyard

Hate to link stuff but they seem to be the only ones reporting it at the moment.

Possible buyer for Cognevo. http://i.stuff.co.nz/business/indust...art-of-wynyard

I expect it's not going to be worth much though.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeybycrikey View Post
    Possible buyer for Cognevo. http://i.stuff.co.nz/business/indust...art-of-wynyard

I expect it's not going to be worth much though.
    Yep, WYN had a market cap of $38m when they stopped trading, it sounds like the administrators have pretty much dismantled and shut down the company aside from Cognevo.

A say $10m sale of Cognevo, might return shareholders 25% of their investment, who knows really ?

Quote Originally Posted by iluab View Post
    Yep, WYN had a market cap of $38m when they stopped trading, it sounds like the administrators have pretty much dismantled and shut down the company aside from Cognevo.

A say $10m sale of Cognevo, might return shareholders 25% of their investment, who knows really ?
    Less all the other liabilities of which there seems to be many and receiver fees, I would say thats optimistic and all dependant on a group of staff hanging around with goodwill at a all time low. Given Telstra did a 3.2mill deal for this stuff, they are quite possibly also a creditor of some sort (or holding payments) which might also play a part in the price.

Quote Originally Posted by JAX View Post
    Less all the other liabilities of which there seems to be many and receiver fees, I would say thats optimistic and all dependant on a group of staff hanging around with goodwill at a all time low. Given Telstra did a 3.2mill deal for this stuff, they are quite possibly also a creditor of some sort (or holding payments) which might also play a part in the price.
    Agree, although just three or four sales of Cognevo by Telstra downstream at $3m would fully cover their investment, so $10m could really be quite conservative also.

Perhaps I'm just having an optimistic morning, just have to wait ay.

Quote Originally Posted by iluab View Post
    Agree, although just three or four sales of Cognevo by Telstra downstream at $3m would fully cover their investment, so $10m could really be quite conservative also.

Perhaps I'm just having an optimistic morning, just have to wait ay.
    Nothing wrong with a bit of optimism, whatever the outcome, it sounds like an absolute overall disaster in terms of destruction of shareholder value from the heights..

Seems like they have now started selling off the "designer" furniture - no reserve - if you want a Wynyard souvenir or more permanent reminder - http://www.graysonline.co.nz/sale/49...ture-clearance

good luck to the litigation, seems well justified.
    Last edited by JAX; 22-11-2016 at 10:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JAX View Post
    Nothing wrong with a bit of optimism, whatever the outcome, it sounds like an absolute overall disaster in terms of destruction of shareholder value from the heights..

Seems like they have now started selling off the "designer" furniture - no reserve - if you want a Wynyard souvenir or more permanent reminder - http://www.graysonline.co.nz/sale/49...ture-clearance

good luck to the litigation, seems well justified.
    Far too many bar fridges up for sale. Haha

No point being optimistic ....even if they get millions for Cognevo

https://www.nzx.com/companies/WYN/announcements/293069
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”