sharetrader
Page 21 of 205 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171121 ... LastLast

Milford can only spend another $10 mill on wyn before they make a takeover which won't be the case. They will accumulate a substantial holding for the medium term. They are a lot more researched than me so I'm sure they buy into the future story.

Yes I've been researching this company at work (retail is so slow) and it certainly needs time to digest it all. But I'm positive about their future. They have a great team on board. And yes I have taken a punt and bought. A calculated risk. Why didn't that group ever put their stuff on CD Kal -Q-Lated Risk ?

Has anyone else stumbled across this announcement?

https://wynyardgroup.com/wynyard-joi...rity-alliance/

Yes saw that last night. These guys are onto it.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by VinPetrol View Post
    Has anyone else stumbled across this announcement?

https://wynyardgroup.com/wynyard-joi...rity-alliance/
    Kept meaning to post it but kept forgetting. Very smart play by all of them. Will reduce their sales costs (office overheads) and should hopefully leverage some good relationships. Endace has done very well at getting big contracts and I assume the other 2 have as well. Very positive.
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by CJ View Post
    Kept meaning to post it but kept forgetting. Very smart play by all of them. Will reduce their sales costs (office overheads) and should hopefully leverage some good relationships. Endace has done very well at getting big contracts and I assume the other 2 have as well. Very positive.
    Interesting! Is it your understanding that the alliance is more about having a common outlet to offer their services / keep overheads down, rather than some sort of product integration between the partners?

I very much like the sound of the office being in Washington, targeting big defence contracts no doubt.

Also, I've never heard of them but the website says Gallagher was founded in 1938 and HQ is in Hamilton, does anyone know anything about them?

Guru

Interesting! Is it your understanding that the alliance is more about having a common outlet to offer their services / keep overheads down, rather than some sort of product integration between the partners?

I very much like the sound of the office being in Washington, targeting big defence contracts no doubt.

Also, I've never heard of them but the website says Gallagher was founded in 1938 and HQ is in Hamilton, does anyone know anything about them?
    I assume it is a central sales office only, no integration.

Wasington base is great for government contracts.

Never heard of Gallagher? Great NZ success story but not much in the media as family owned (I think). Any farmer should know them -they invented the electric fence (the modern day one anyway). Think of them as perimeter security (military/prison/cows)

[...]I've never heard of them but the website says Gallagher was founded in 1938 and HQ is in Hamilton, does anyone know anything about them?
    This is the same Gallagher who invented the electric fence, so "most of New Zealand":
    http://bit.ly/14JkOig

(no offence intended, just having a little play)

Gallaghers has been around forever in NZ terms and is a big employer in the Waikato. They have a big black office building that stands all on its own out in the industrial level on the bypass road through Hamilton near the lake. Bill Gallagher is a hell of a nice guy and very on to it and as I understand it the executive team are all pretty sharp as well.

As a bit of trivia Bill and his wife...actually mostly his wife, have built a giant French style chateau next to the Hamilton Lake near the Waikato Hospital. It is truly horrendous and has a giant pool and indoor 10 pin bowling alley. Its worth driving by to have a look but you get a good view from the lake walkway.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyTP View Post
    This is the same Gallagher who invented the electric fence, so "most of New Zealand":
    Like all great NZ inventions, this was designed out of necessity:

An early application of the electric fence was developed in 1936–1937 by New Zealand inventor Bill Gallagher. Built from a car ignition coil and a magneto set, Gallagher used the device to keep his horse from scratching itself against his car. Gallagher later started the Gallagher Group to improve and market the design.

Source: wikipedia