sharetrader
Page 4 of 205 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
    Guru

I got the same email as Baddarcy - I dont consider my portfolio huge and only do 3or4 trades a year. I do use their margin account though.
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

Edit: Please ignore this post, just saw above Baddarcy received the generic email reply yesterday as well, looks like I might have jumped the gun. Maybe they are working through the list to email it to clients.
    Last edited by glasszon; 12-06-2013 at 08:51 AM.

I thought moose is putting all the money into SNK already?

Quote Originally Posted by glasszon View Post
    Edit: Please ignore this post, just saw above Baddarcy received the generic email reply yesterday as well, looks like I might have jumped the gun. Maybe they are working through the list to email it to clients.
    Did you try phoning them?

Quote Originally Posted by turmeric View Post
    Not sure if this has been confirmed already or not, but DB are not involved with this one either. Anyone know if Craigs have any for smaller retail clients?
    Turmeric - can you not open an account with ASB Securities? It doesn't cost anything and you can trade you shares through whichever online broker you prefer. (At least that is my understanding of the situation).

Quote Originally Posted by turmeric View Post
    My understanding is that a small retail investor such as myself wouldnt be able to participate in this IPO via ASB...am I right? (I am talking if I were to participate it would not be
    in excess of $10k).
    I am in the same situation and trying to pin this down. I haven't been told I cannot participate - but also I haven't received the offer documents. I think the others CJ and Baddarcy may be a different "class" of customer to me. I have fired off an email asking for clarification.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Banksie View Post
    I am in the same situation and trying to pin this down. I haven't been told I cannot participate - but also I haven't received the offer documents. I think the others CJ and Baddarcy may be a different "class" of customer to me. I have fired off an email asking for clarification.
    I have put my hand up for less than $10k. Will let you know how I get on.

I have a diversified portfolio so even $10k is pushing the upper limits of what I would want for a risky growth stock.

So the response to my email was the Offer documentation as received by CJ and Baddarcy. So I guess I will be able to participate. (Whether or not they allocate me shares is another question )

So the response to my email was the Offer documentation as received by CJ and Baddarcy. So I guess I will be able to participate. (Whether or not they allocate me shares is another question )
    Welcome to the "class" heh heh.

On a serious note it looks more like an admin balls up rather than anything else, I make a few trades but nothing of any great value so doubt very much that I am anything other than one of their standard customers

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    Man, they have made this a b**** to try and figure out how much you want by making you state how many shares you want instead of a $ amount. Now you have to second guess the (massive) price range, make calculations based on the money you have and do calculations of how much you can cover if you go the greedy or conservative route. Plus, you have to work in 500 share blocks.
    And remember the indicative range is indicative only. So what happens if it prices at $1.70? Given they take the money upfront (I think) I assume you have to provide number of shares x$1.65 and you will get a refund once the price is determined.