sharetrader
Page 52 of 205 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    I see Xero all over again. Will be buying long term holding in future on price weakness. May average up as funds permit over coming time period (eg how whashisname bought $1000 worth for every $1 rise in Xero...)
    Yeah that was me Moosie. Got myself and my daughter into WYN in Dec at about 1.19 and have been buying 2,000 each 30 cents move but the plan is crumbling due to massive rise in SP and scant free funds. May sell some kids into chimney sweeping slavery

I reckon a few out there might be selling their PEB to put on WYN.

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    Oh Lost in Space, there is just never enough money to chuck at these great growth stocks eh? I never want kids so I agree with your methodology!

Did you ever sell the car, missus, dog and house? You're going to be a homeless billionaire at this rate!
    7 kids mate - blended family. Money goes on averaging up and tranquilisers to cope with all the kids. To keep averaging up on PEB, WYN and XRO its either a P lab or auctioning all kids off on Trademe. Maybe chuck the missus in on a 'buy-now'.

In spite of all my formal training and past industry experience I've simplified it down a trailing 15% stop loss and averaging up on the winners and to date its proved very worthwhile.

What the actual odds of this being the next xro? We know growth stocks seem to be the "hit" at the moment, the question is what price will this be at at the end of the year... would love to know what people think. Currently I'm not holding. Obviously missed the boat, just wondering if there's a chance I may not have however.. Please help!

Quote Originally Posted by alistair85 View Post
    What the actual odds of this being the next xro? We know growth stocks seem to be the "hit" at the moment, the question is what price will this be at at the end of the year... would love to know what people think. Currently I'm not holding. Obviously missed the boat, just wondering if there's a chance I may not have however.. Please help!
    mate if anyone could answer that we would all be millionaires. im predicting it will sit around her for another week then fall back to 2.50. im staying away for now. may jump to around 3.40 at peak

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by alistair85 View Post
    The challenge Alistair is in assessing the valuation of tech growth stocks with very limited information and guidance available, you could look at P/S ratios but that is a very inaccurate means indeed. Until forward cashflows can be assessed with any determinable accuracy WYN will remain somewhat a speculative investment.

This is why Warren Buffet for instance does not invest in tech stocks like this, but somehow does seem to have done rather well without them.

If you are unsure as to whether to invest or not, in regard to WYN or any stock, the best advice IMO that you could receive, is to do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by tosspot View Post
    mate if anyone could answer that we would all be millionaires. im predicting it will sit around her for another week then fall back to 2.50. im staying away for now. may jump to around 3.40 at peak
    I agree totally. This stock is over due for a breather. When that occurs people will cash up a bit. tosspot $2.50 sounds right on the nail before it climbs up again. Lets watch and see. Cheers
    Last edited by blocker3; 22-01-2014 at 10:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SirPrize View Post
    *Puts the irrational hat on*

I'm sure you'll find more people that'll agree with your opinion and concerns about the price being too high... than disagree.

Then again - Welcome to the shades of March 2012 - Xero's price is at $3 and almost everyone shares an opinion similar to yours about them. Turns out there were never any helium balloons lifting it's price up even tho people presented hard facts and evidence for it. It was just a company that was doing the right moves at the right time in the right places.

I think I might be one of a handful but I see HUGE potential in these guys and the industry they are in.

One of their products is designed to save mass lives. (A case can be made that all of them are. Even the fraud software.) (check)
    CEO and main figures of the company use social media (check)
    The features in their products are cleverly developed (check)
    The user experience and interface of their products is above the international standard (check)

How do you guys go about factoring these points in your charts and equations?

Forget the numbers, obviously it's much more complicated than that.
    Hey SirPrize,
    You make a good point with the Xero history lesson. You never do know if the company you follow is going to be a rocket a la Xero. And what with talk of Xero reaching higher still (heading for $100) I wish I'd never sold out at $15 - hindsight indeed.

The concern I have with Wynyard is the speed with which it has reached the current share price. As mentioned on previous posts I thought I'd missed the boat 4 or 5 times with this one. I expected a, not too graceful, reversion of the price which simply has not happened. I fully expect them to open higher today as they have done regularly. I'm in for the long haul.

Disc: hold everything described in my entry on the 2014 stock pick contest... Fell from 5th to 59th...ah well..

Quote Originally Posted by SirPrize View Post
    *Puts the irrational hat on*

I'm sure you'll find more people that'll agree with your opinion and concerns about the price being too high... than disagree.

Then again - Welcome to the shades of March 2012 - Xero's price is at $3 and almost everyone shares an opinion similar to yours about them. Turns out there were never any helium balloons lifting it's price up even tho people presented hard facts and evidence for it. It was just a company that was doing the right moves at the right time in the right places.

I think I might be one of a handful but I see HUGE potential in these guys and the industry they are in.

One of their products is designed to save mass lives. (A case can be made that all of them are. Even the fraud software.) (check)
    CEO and main figures of the company use social media (check)
    The features in their products are cleverly developed (check)
    The user experience and interface of their products is above the international standard (check)

How do you guys go about factoring these points in your charts and equations?

Forget the numbers, obviously it's much more complicated than that.

Personally I don't believe that WYN could be the next zero as it simply isn't scaleable enough to compare.

WYN is B2B which will always invariably be a limited market whereas Xero is arguably closer to the likes of a mass market B2C product.

Furthermore Xero operates on a SaaS platform (which makes it easily scaleable) whereas from my understanding WYN is an actual software product suite (requires installation etc) and therefore it cannot be deployed as easily.

Just my two cents.

Quote Originally Posted by False Profit View Post
    Hey SirPrize,
    You make a good point with the Xero history lesson. You never do know if the company you follow is going to be a rocket a la Xero. And what with talk of Xero reaching higher still (heading for $100) I wish I'd never sold out at $15 - hindsight indeed.

The concern I have with Wynyard is the speed with which it has reached the current share price. As mentioned on previous posts I thought I'd missed the boat 4 or 5 times with this one. I expected a, not too graceful, reversion of the price which simply has not happened. I fully expect them to open higher today as they have done regularly. I'm in for the long haul.

Disc: hold everything described in my entry on the 2014 stock pick contest... Fell from 5th to 59th...ah well..

At the end of the day it's all just a shot in the dark because as well as a company might be doing - there are many unforeseen situations that could bring it back on it's knees... and I'm not just talking competitors.

My opinion is that WYNYARD is on to something here... their products are strong; visually can compete with the ux/ui of XRO and basically kills XRO when it comes to the developed features. Their products require much more abstract thought to get developed to what they are today. That's why I like them. They seem to me to be some sort of new-age pioneers in a mostly untouched 'private' industry. Something that many people wouldn't dare attempting because of how complex it really is.

Look at it this way: If - what essentially should be a plugin for XRO - "GeOop" can peak at 3.640 then I believe Wynyard should definitely peak much higher than that.

That's my stance.