sharetrader
Page 6 of 205 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

The community is by its nature slow to adapt - out of necessity due to the amount of testing that goes on before hand. Given this is the product being adopted from the center outwards, and they've just made the switch, with Palantir teams setting up to push the product into wider government, with endorsement from core Intel agencies. Its the same in the UK. The team has had a rollout plan in place for several years longer than Wynyard, an ear into the core groups, has already rolled out, and has massive amounts of capital behind them.
    I really struggle to understand who their market is.

......at least Greenbour can't sabotage this one!
    You might need to retract this comment moosie

Not yet, but I would imagine any unit with an intel arm would go off the successful recommendation and rollout from the core. Think about intel as being a concentric series of rings; NZSIS, GCSB, NAB (core), then, Police, Defence (sometimes in the core sometimes out depending on investigation), then Customs, Immigration, IRD, then ones like Fisheries on the outer. You're not going to get very far going inwards through that ring from the outside, you've got to capture the core and then move outwards, allowing integration into central data-sets by those more external rings, while still having access controls to limit information. The internal rings already use a system, and it aint Wynyard.

Its not just the software, but also the development of algorithms that allow successful extraction of the specific data trends from meta-data. So any group thats had an opportunity to test on 1. multiple population types, and 2. multiple agency requirements is going to have a greater variety of algorithms on offer, and have an easier time customising them.

not for me , would have preferref to see the most profitabe part transferred to wynyard
    one step ahead of the herd

Thanks Sparky.

I think Wynyard can be a good company, but I am not sure it is worth the risk of getting in at IPO time. I will probably just wait and see on this one...which is a real pity cos it was the one IPO I had an opportunity to take part in.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by SparkyTheClown View Post
    From NBR online (paid content)
    Thanks Sparky

Dont think this changes anything. They have capitalised the cost of a product and as it doesn't have any revenue yet, there is the potential they will have to right it off. This investment was never going to be valued of its NTA, it will be valued off its revenues, growth profile and costs. The uncertainty on revenue and growth on these two products is the same as before.

The only question it does raise is why their auditors let them capitalise it in the first place. The tax advisors probably outsmarted the auditors : the only benefit in capitalising (that I'm aware of) is that when it does get written off (through depreciation), the benefit of that will flow to new shareholders where if it was deducted up front, the tax losses would potentially be forfeited in the capital raising.
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Banksie View Post
    Thanks Sparky.

I think Wynyard can be a good company, but I am not sure it is worth the risk of getting in at IPO time. I will probably just wait and see on this one...which is a real pity cos it was the one IPO I had an opportunity to take part in.
    I feel much the same.Craigs rang me this morning,but I decided to leave it.
    Having to take up EBO issue,and possibily Synlait means funds are short,and Jade has had a bit of a checked history..
    Last edited by percy; 14-06-2013 at 03:30 PM.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    Checkered history? Do tell...
    Great gunna's,guna do this ,guna do that.Peter Hoskyns jumped ship,Gill Simpson was guna do this guna do that.Took on huge number of staff.
    Sponsored Jade stadium here in ChCh.Guna take over the world.Ruth Richardson onboard.Staff laid off.Listing of Jade put off.Simpson loses control as the whole lot didn't do this,didn't do that."Trouble at mill">
    Ex Reserve Bank Dr,Rod Carr brought on board.Dr.Carr leaves to run the university.
    etc.etc.
    ps.RR has a proven history of destroying shareholders wealth.Refer Tainted Directors thread.
    Last edited by percy; 14-06-2013 at 05:45 PM.

RR has interestingly been left off the Wynyard board.