sharetrader
Page 85 of 205 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995135185 ... LastLast
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Looks about right. Though funny that Wynyard didn't disclose the name of the customer (they normally would, unless the client does not want to be named). But than ... why is the client afterwards running to the press? Looks like a nice little communications break down - or a leak in the sheriff's office (which would be sort of concerning).
    If the client doesn't want confidentality and Wynyard doesn't have an embargo on their name being used then there is no issue really. Might just be the status quo with Wynyard to stamp "confidential" on it, unless stated otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by BFG View Post
    I have very little doubt now that this...

is this...

https://www.anzsecurities.co.nz/Dire...spx?id=3784630
    so........ why would the announcement be made in Auckland and London, instead of Auckland and Indiana? I also think 3.2m for an installation into a local sheriffs office is way over the top. IMO, this one was too small for Craig to bother writing up an Announcement.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Xerof View Post
    so........ why would the announcement be made in Auckland and London, instead of Auckland and Indiana? I also think 3.2m for an installation into a local sheriffs office is way over the top. IMO, this one was too small for Craig to bother writing up an Announcement.
    WYN has offices in London, no? But yes, I do agree $3.2M is a bit over the top for a county sheriff's office! Never know with them 'Merikans though

Quote Originally Posted by Xerof View Post
    not sure - some of these sheriff offices are quite big. Think hundreds or thousands of staff. This particular sheriffs office (Marion County) has 1100 employees: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marion_..._%28Indiana%29

They are well able to pay millions of dollars for crucial equipment.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

My assumption was that this is one of the (hopefully many) contracts too small to warrant disclosure. Nice to get a bit more context though, albeit from a third party.

An aside, the 'the Felony Lane Gang Working Group, comprising 92 law enforcement agencies' has been formed to fight a gang of 100 thieves. That's almost 1:1 agencies (not even personnel) vs criminals, at-least in NZ at worst we have Police and Customs. All the more opportunities for contracts for WYN I suppose....

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by bmrm View Post
    My assumption was that this is one of the (hopefully many) contracts too small to warrant disclosure. Nice to get a bit more context though, albeit from a third party.

An aside, the 'the Felony Lane Gang Working Group, comprising 92 law enforcement agencies' has been formed to fight a gang of 100 thieves. That's almost 1:1 agencies (not even personnel) vs criminals, at-least in NZ at worst we have Police and Customs. All the more opportunities for contracts for WYN I suppose....
    The AMA on NBR confirmed that they dont disclose all new contracts, just large ones, ones in new areas and only where the customer approves.

I think he was on TV news (TV3) this morning talking about this among other things.

Investor

Good video link on TV3 with CEO explaining how they go about securing contracts, very refreshing

Membaa

Coverage on RadioNZ news today as well, talking about Wynyards software helping the agencies fight the 'Lane Gang' as per bmrm's post earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by snapiti View Post
    jeez I think RAK won many of these awards.........
    Trust you Schnaps. Hope you caught plenty of fish over the holidays.