sharetrader
Page 87 of 205 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197137187 ... LastLast
    Investor

Looks like punters haven't caught up onto this latest update, seems like bargain at the current sp level.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by GR8DAY View Post
    Just a consistent flow of good news from this well run company now.......SP lagging behind a bit IMHO? Holder.
    Does not meeting FY guidance and a stab in the dark on the last trading day sign up count as good news? The growth rate may be great, but until they sign a huge US deal, this company, just like PEB, is still overvalued. Sometimes a pity that NZX stocks can't be shorted; if this were the ASX WYN would have fallen much lower a long time ago...

Still, she is ticking upwards very slowly these days, mostly due to lack of sellers!

Quote Originally Posted by BFG View Post
    Does not meeting FY guidance and a stab in the dark on the last trading day sign up count as good news? The growth rate may be great, but until they sign a huge US deal, this company, just like PEB, is still overvalued. Sometimes a pity that NZX stocks can't be shorted; if this were the ASX WYN would have fallen much lower a long time ago...

Still, she is ticking upwards very slowly these days, mostly due to lack of sellers!
    I'll agree with Sam Morgan on this one and agree to disagree with you here .... I don't compare this to any PEB (or other) stocks. WYN has a product that is getting great reach in the ever growing area of cyber-security. They have got some credible partners and signups and are starting to show USA traction. I don't pin their success on USA - this compares to what I would also say for XRO, but that's another story.
    But no, I think WYN in a few short years will be a NZ success story, and now is a good opportunity for wise investors to accumulate at these levels. imho. There may be volatility ahead but I would rather lock in before the train leaves the station, whenever that will be is anyone's guess, but, mark my words, it will happen.

Membaa

I agree lastmoa, there's little point in comparing WYN with other stocks, even other tech stocks, as it's not about the tech sector per se, it's about WYN having the 'right product, in the right market at the right time' (vice, crime, terrorism etc), it has a unique niche, an enormous market opportunity and continues to notch up successes and growth.

This period of depressed price could soon be over though as money flow and volume are improving, there are fewer price resistance points overhead, and people seem to be realising the opportunity. When it bolts, as I suspect it will, it will likely be similar to the Jan14 move, as opposed to a gradual climb up a wall of worry, like the numerous yield stocks currently in favour.

BAA

Quote Originally Posted by lastmoa View Post
    I'll agree with Sam Morgan on this one and agree to disagree with you here .... I don't compare this to any PEB (or other) stocks. WYN has a product that is getting great reach in the ever growing area of cyber-security. They have got some credible partners and signups and are starting to show USA traction. I don't pin their success on USA - this compares to what I would also say for XRO, but that's another story.
    But no, I think WYN in a few short years will be a NZ success story, and now is a good opportunity for wise investors to accumulate at these levels. imho. There may be volatility ahead but I would rather lock in before the train leaves the station, whenever that will be is anyone's guess, but, mark my words, it will happen.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    I agree lastmoa, there's little point in comparing WYN with other stocks, even other tech stocks, as it's not about the tech sector per se,
    Just say it. I dare ya, I double dare ya.

"It's different this time"

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    This period of depressed price could soon be over though
    Depressed share price? Pray, do tell me how the metrics stack up to see WYN as "depressed"!

Disc - not holding WYN but more caution is needed than what has been said here. I like the company, especially if it secures a big US contract and grows much faster, but the company has recently missed guidance and is already heavily loss-making. DYOR.

Outside thinking.

Just released this morning

30 January 2015, Auckland - Wynyard Group, a market leader in advanced crime
    analytics software and services, has today announced its unaudited revenue
    for the year ended 31 December 2014.
    Unaudited FY14 revenue was $25.7 million up from $21.7 million last year.
    This includes 2H14 revenue of $15.6 million, up 54% on the previous half, and
    a record $9.0 million final quarter.
    Wynyard Group CEO Craig Richardson said "The key indicators of momentum and
    sustainable revenue growth are very strong. Software licence revenue
    increased 60% in FY14 to $8.1 million and recurring revenue of $13.7 million
    remained high at 53% of total revenue. Growth was primarily driven by our
    mid-year strategic decision to focus on larger contracts for our advanced
    crime analytics platform".

Somewhat disappointing result, they didn't manage to reach the $29 Million revenue they promised (which was anyway not a that challenging goal for "growth" company). No doubt the annual loss will be higher than expected. On the other hand - their PS is now at least down to 10 ... makes them looking better than the XRO's of this world ...

Agree with Moosie - this is an interesting company in an interesting space, but IMHO no indication for SP discounted at current. I do wish them well and might be tempted to buy some, if & when the price is right. However at this stage, I think that hype is still a too large component of the share price. As well: ESCROW clause running out after the release of the 2014 annual report ... might be tempting for some of the bigger holders to make some money while the share price is high.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Banned

Yes BP, and we all know what happens with with the SP when cheap options are being taken up constantly to sell on market a la SLI! I hope for holders this doesn't happen, be a shame.

Investor

Well, they did indicate end last year that the revenue target may be missed. On the positive side, they seem to be on right path with all these recent big contracts in US. Along with lower NZD this should be good sign for FY2015, just my 1c worth.

A somewhat expected result on the basis that they did indicate to the market that they would miss their revised estimate. On the upside I do like their trajectory for last 1/2 and especially last 1/4 .. remembering that they indicated that some large contracts would fall in 1st 1/4 2015. All good here if you are an investor - I am sure traders wanted to see a spike, but that's not my game, so a happy holder in an exciting growing/exploding niche area.