sharetrader
Page 172 of 212 FirstFirst ... 72122162168169170171172173174175176182 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,720 of 2113

Thread: SKO - Serko.com

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    A friend of mine worked for a similar start up. He got plenty of stock options. When they closed down a couple of years later the employees paid with their own money for a T-shirt for everybody saying "I dreamt to be a millionaire, but all I got was this lousy T-shirt".

Just saying ... talk is cheap.
    Yep, that's the nature of the game. So it's up to you whether you believe in the story or not, from the homework I've done, I'm a believer. I'm well aware I'm not investing in government bonds however.

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by daveypnz View Post
    Missed the bottom after the first level 3 scare but managed to get a small parcel @ $5.40.

The company keeps making moves that will show on the balance sheet in due course, they are bringing on a ton of new employees as well.

This was a great listen: https://open.spotify.com/episode/2Yl...Z1gohzLhQ&nd=1

Darrin @ 18:09 "We look for acquisitions and say, if you're joining us, we're on a vision to build a multi billion dollar business so you can come in now and you can be part of that story, so we'd rather give you stock than cash because with cash you're gonna lose the upside. If you actually believe in your journey with us then why not take stock?"
    Thanks for the link, Darrin is definitely the man.

Someone cleaned out a decent sized parcel last evening at close sitting on offer for 5.90 each. With Biden announcing the news about all Americans to have vaccinated by end of May, bodes well for their prospects in North America. Could well be on its way to 6 handle very soon.

Advanced Member

I think I'm going to go back to Serko with an albeit much smaller position than I had. I do not understand how the shareprice recovered so well but like ATM has shown me there's no need arguing with the market.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by silu View Post
    I think I'm going to go back to Serko with an albeit much smaller position than I had. I do not understand how the shareprice recovered so well but like ATM has shown me there's no need arguing with the market.
    and I bought my parcel on market. May as well start the trading today. It felt weird being on the sideline for so long having been a cheerleader since day dot.

Serko is one share which I put in the bottom drawer - and still happy to do so.

The company is well and truly positioned for maximum leverage to the global recovery to come post pandemic.

Investor

and I bought my parcel on market. May as well start the trading today. It felt weird being on the sideline for so long having been a cheerleader since day dot.
    Good on ya, with Booking.com in the mix, there's always a calculated chance of corporate play here.

Good to have you back onboard.

Despite the obvious disruption, the company has still been making moves. More cash in the bank than pre-covid, Aus bookings were at around 50% of 2019 in December and NZ between 76-80% so that obviously helps a lot given that they're Serko's primary markets at the moment.

Investor

Cool and insightful conversation with Rod and Darrin in this media piece...

IPOs with Serko and Xero - Investment Fix Season 2 · Investment Fix (spotify.com)

Advanced Member

not related but I see a couple of Kiwi software companies getting snapped up for big money. https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/124...quent-and-vend

Investor

Looking to crack $6 mark...