sharetrader
Page 171 of 212 FirstFirst ... 71121161167168169170171172173174175181 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,710 of 2113

Thread: SKO - Serko.com

Investor

When the pent up travel demand come back pre-COVID levels either in 2021 or 2022, this will very easily be $20 or $25, yes you call me an upramper for that call.
    My pick is Darrin looking this one to take off like another XRO story and they’ve Instos backing their cause.

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    When the pent up travel demand come back pre-COVID levels either in 2021 or 2022, this will very easily be $20 or $25, yes you call me an upramper for that call.
    My pick is Darrin looking this one to take off like another XRO story and they’ve Instos backing their cause.
    Keep in mind, Serko only does corporate travel at the moment - I don't think they will benefit as much from pent up travel demand as much as airlines, cruiselines etc will. I see a more gradual return with corporate travel but as I mentioned Serko has barely scratched the surface in the international market.

Interesting though that Darrin mentioned he's employed people to work on things such as disruption management tools for airlines, they could clip the ticket on leisure travel if they make something of it.

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by daveypnz View Post
    Keep in mind, Serko only does corporate travel at the moment - I don't think they will benefit as much from pent up travel demand as much as airlines, cruiselines etc will. I see a more gradual return with corporate travel but as I mentioned Serko has barely scratched the surface in the international market.

Interesting though that Darrin mentioned he's employed people to work on things such as disruption management tools for airlines, they could clip the ticket on leisure travel if they make something of it.
    Sure, was meant corporate travel not general travel by people. And Darrin did mention somewhere that their team is working on whole suite of tools outside travel like expense management etc..so when things do return close to or normal levels, they take off like Phoenix...

I will own up to being a bit overly focused on the travel booking/expense reporting side of this business rather than appreciating that they are building a comprehensive travel solution that can help everyone in the travel business - from airlines to accomm providers to (potentially) government compliance agencies like customs, MPI, health etc. For example, companies will likely need to ensure employees are vaccinated prior to booking/approving travel so there will probably be a cross-over with HR systems in terms of recording health status etc. Hotels may also want to know in advance that people staying with them have been vaccinated. Covid has increased the complexity of travel but that complexity also provides an opportunity for smarter solutions, such as those offered by Serko.

Investor

On the back of International / Business Travel not looking to come back anytime soon and borders not being eased this year, have lightened up my holdings bit more to take risk off the table.

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    On the back of International / Business Travel not looking to come back anytime soon and borders not being eased this year, have lightened up my holdings bit more to take risk off the table.
    Wise precaution.

However must say SKO's continued strength has surprised me and bodes well for the company in a non-covid when travel restrictions are lifted. Their next financials are going to be crucial.

That said, I took my profits off the table and got out some time ago. I remain happy to watch from the sidelines. GLH.

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    Wise precaution.

However must say SKO's continued strength has surprised me and bodes well for the company in a non-covid when travel restrictions are lifted. Their next financials are going to be crucial.

That said, I took my profits off the table and got out some time ago. I remain happy to watch from the sidelines. GLH.
    Yes, even I'm surprised by the strength of SKO's sp in light of current environment. I still hold about 60% of my original holding which've lighter av cost hence big safety net.
    I do not expect next set of financials to be that great, however as long as Booking.com is in foray, there might be a play by them at some stage.

Investor

This is one heck of a stock, what resilience nearly on course to $6...

Missed the bottom after the first level 3 scare but managed to get a small parcel @ $5.40.

The company keeps making moves that will show on the balance sheet in due course, they are bringing on a ton of new employees as well.

This was a great listen: https://open.spotify.com/episode/2Yl...Z1gohzLhQ&nd=1

Darrin @ 18:09 "We look for acquisitions and say, if you're joining us, we're on a vision to build a multi billion dollar business so you can come in now and you can be part of that story, so we'd rather give you stock than cash because with cash you're gonna lose the upside. If you actually believe in your journey with us then why not take stock?"
    Last edited by daveypnz; 02-03-2021 at 05:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by daveypnz View Post
    Missed the bottom after the first level 3 scare but managed to get a small parcel @ $5.40.

The company keeps making moves that will show on the balance sheet in due course, they are bringing on a ton of new employees as well.

This was a great listen: https://open.spotify.com/episode/2Yl...Z1gohzLhQ&nd=1

Darrin @ 18:09 "We look for acquisitions and say, if you're joining us, we're on a vision to build a multi billion dollar business so you can come in now and you can be part of that story, so we'd rather give you stock than cash because with cash you're gonna lose the upside. If you actually believe in your journey with us then why not take stock?"
    A friend of mine worked for a similar start up. He got plenty of stock options. When they closed down a couple of years later the employees paid with their own money for a T-shirt for everybody saying "I dreamt to be a millionaire, but all I got was this lousy T-shirt".

Just saying ... talk is cheap.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)