sharetrader
Page 138 of 212 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139140141142148188 ... LastLast
Results 1,371 to 1,380 of 2116

Thread: SKO - Serko.com

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    On revenue growth rates, continued cash burn and most other fundamentals Serko ain’t worth $370m

It’s valued on a story rather than numbers. Essentially pointless trying to use numbers.

That story is summed up in slide below.

Believe that story and no worries
    You are obviously right, though the question is not whether the individual believes into the story, but whether the market does.

Bears are very pragmatic animals and prefer a good meal now every time over a story promising them a better meal in a decades time.

If this turns into a bear market, than the current amazing bonus for the great story might swiftly turn into a discount .
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    You are obviously right, though the question is not whether the individual believes into the story, but whether the market does.

Bears are very pragmatic animals and prefer a good meal now every time over a story promising them a better meal in a decades time.

If this turns into a bear market, than the current amazing bonus for the great story might swiftly turn into a discount .
    ...and then when it's all over will normality return?
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

...and then when it's all over will normality return?
    That's the 64 million dollars question, isn't it?

I put some cash aside and a shopping list of what to buy when the scare ends, but must admit that Serko is currently not at the top of this list ;
    ----

Always worry a bit when I see phrases like “EBITDAF is dependent on ...........the extent of capitalisation of internally developed software”

Serko burned through more than $7m of cash the last 2 half years. Included in that was capitalised development costs $4.9m in H219 and $6.3m in H120

They talk about more cash burn ....anybody any idea as to how much.

Gotta spend to make heaps though.
    Last edited by winner69; 08-03-2020 at 04:10 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Always worry a bit when I see phrases like “EBTAF is dependent on ...........the extent of capitalisation of internally developed software”

Serko burned through more than $7m of cash the last 2 half years. Included in that was capitalised development costs $4.9m in H219 and $6.3m in H120

They talk about more cash burn ....anybody any idea as to how much.

Gotta spend to make heaps though.
    Analysts have them for burning cash in 2020 (2cps) and 2021 (4cps) and breakeven in 2022, but this was all already before the virus started to bite the markets.

As well, early results from my little exercise (https://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showth...ket-analysts): seem to indicate that analysts are much more often wrong than they are right. Problem is just that
    1) you can't rely on them being wrong (occasional they are right) and
    2) if they are wrong, than it is not predictable whether they have been too pessimistic or too optimistic.

Anyway - given that the virus still needs to ripple through the system and the markets are still not yet fully in bearish mood would I say it is more likely that analysts have been in this case ways too optimistic. But hey - not sure, I am better than the analysts ;
    ----

Banned

Hush yeah...guys...!!! Your mate balance will put all of u on ignore list....don't ramp down SKO!

Quote Originally Posted by King1212 View Post
    Hush yeah...guys...!!! Your mate balance will put all of u on ignore list....don't ramp down SKO!
    Ramping? Who?
    ----

Membaa

The Heiken Ashi chart averages out the candles and provides a clearer view of price trends, currently a very steep down trend close to 61.8% fib retrace of the all time high (providing support this week). The booking.com breakaway gap hasn't quite closed, something that will happen next week if the trend continues. A breakdown of support at $3.50 brings $3.13 support into play. Other supports below are marked. Classic falling knife.

Anyone know anything about Book Me Bob.... https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12314913

Advanced Member

I sold all my shares today. Reasons were that 2 major trade shows in my industry have been postponed but by the looks of it will be cancelled. Also another couple of events our management were supposed to go have been cancelled. I fear there may be a downgrade on the horizon which will depress the share price for a few months.

I just didn't sleep well and I need my beauty sleep. And I will definitely buy back, the company is just too good not to have in my portfolio when all things settle.
    Last edited by silu; 10-03-2020 at 05:53 PM.