sharetrader
Page 139 of 212 FirstFirst ... 3989129135136137138139140141142143149189 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 2113

Thread: SKO - Serko.com

Quote Originally Posted by silu View Post
    I sold all my shares today. Reasons were that 2 major trade shows in my industry have been postponed but by the looks of it will be cancelled. Also another couple of events our management were supposed to go have been cancelled. I fear there may be a downgrade on the horizon which will depress the share price for a few months.

I just didn't sleep well and I need my beauty sleep. And I will definitely buy back, the company is just too good not to have in my portfolio when all things settle.
    Right thing to do, silu. When an investment or any investment is getting in the way of good sleep for any extended period, it is not worth any potential future gains as money cannot buy back health and peace of mind.

More so when you are already exposed in your job/work front to the industry downturn!

I think it could be a few months yet before the travel industry recovers from the impact of the virus scare. Markets are supposed to price downsides & upsides ahead however so we wait and see if that’s the case with Serko when it announces an inevitable downgrade.

Meanwhile, sleep well!

Quote Originally Posted by silu View Post
    I sold all my shares today. Reasons were that 2 major trade shows in my industry have been postponed but by the looks of it will be cancelled. Also another couple of events our management were supposed to go have been cancelled. I fear there may be a downgrade on the horizon which will depress the share price for a few months.

I just didn't sleep well and I need my beauty sleep. And I will definitely buy back, the company is just too good not to have in my portfolio when all things settle.

I came to the same realisation a while ago with my insurance stock - not worth having if every time it rains or there is an earthquake and you are lying awake wondering if you are out of pocket.

I would have done the same as you with SKO but I missed the boat to get out with any significant gains. No doubt we are facing reduced revenue in the short term but this is a long term hold for me so I am too concerned going forward. I will be competing with you for more on the way back up though!

"Simon Botherway will be taking a temporary leave of absence from the Serko board, but will remain a director on the board, to enable treatment for a recently diagnosed non-life threatening medical condition."

Mr Botherway caught the Wuhan coronavirus? lol

Always right to buy at $2?

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Quote Originally Posted by Timesurfer View Post
    Always right to buy at $2?
    I fear you might be right....$2

Quote Originally Posted by RupertBear View Post
    I fear you might be right....$2
    It is what it is.

We are but small minnows compared to the big institutions and just a suspicion that they might be needing some cash at the present moment for redemptions.

Am I worried?

Was I worried when Diligent was sold down to $2.56? Did not lose any sleep over it.

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    It is what it is.

We are but small minnows compared to the big institutions and just a suspicion that they might be needing some cash at the present moment for redemptions.

Am I worried?

Was I worried when Diligent was sold down to $2.56? Did not lose any sleep over it.
    Trying not to worry Balance but admit its been a bit depressing watching ya profits disappearing but yes it is what it is and the sun will still come up tomorrow

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by King1212 View Post
    How many of u guys can see the SP down to $2? Denial.. denial... denial
    I said it before....but still many in denial....

The post was on 6th march
    Last edited by King1212; 11-03-2020 at 08:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by King1212 View Post
    I said it before....but still many in denial....

The post was on 6th march
    Yup- Its racing down to $2...and may be much more...

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    And profit turned into a loss... will be interesting to see how the share price holds up
    I could never understand how this was $4 (even reaching over $5.50)... always thought it was pretty cooked at those valuations... and even now at $2.90 it is now back to 'reasonable', however there is now this virus thing, so really should be sub $2... $270m company with over 10x market cap to revenue ratio, NTA of just 11 cents and (perhaps most importantly) a short and/or patchy record when it comes to growth... so not really sure where the 'value' was to support a $500m+ market cap a short time ago, but I can certainly understand why it was 30 cents about 3 years ago.
    Last edited by trader_jackson; 12-03-2020 at 12:30 PM.