sharetrader
Page 140 of 212 FirstFirst ... 4090130136137138139140141142143144150190 ... LastLast
Results 1,391 to 1,400 of 2113

Thread: SKO - Serko.com

Deleted and edited.
    Last edited by Balance; 12-03-2020 at 12:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    I could never understand how this was $4 (even reaching over $5.50)... always thought it was pretty cooked at those valuations... and even now at $2.90 it is now back to 'reasonable', however there is now this virus thing, so really should be sub $2... $270m company with over 10x market cap to revenue ratio, NTA of just 11 cents and (perhaps most importantly) a short and/or patchy record when it comes to growth... so not really sure where the 'value' was to support a $500m+ market cap a short time ago, but I can certainly understand why it was 30 cents about 3 years ago.
    And surprisingly it's is one of our ST's top 5 picks!

Ouch..

https://sites.google.com/view/nzsharepicks

Quote Originally Posted by carrom74 View Post
    And surprisingly it's is one of our ST's top 5 picks!

Ouch..

https://sites.google.com/view/nzsharepicks
    So?

Cool as chilled champagne with caviar on a lovely warm autumn's evening overlooking the harbour.

I could never understand how this was $4 (even reaching over $5.50)... always thought it was pretty cooked at those valuations... and even now at $2.90 it is now back to 'reasonable', however there is now this virus thing, so really should be sub $2... $270m company with over 10x market cap to revenue ratio, NTA of just 11 cents and (perhaps most importantly) a short and/or patchy record when it comes to growth... so not really sure where the 'value' was to support a $500m+ market cap a short time ago, but I can certainly understand why it was 30 cents about 3 years ago.
    One word - Diligent

None other than the high profile Milford & (supposedly highly respected) Brian Gaynor got that one horribly wrong.

Why? Probably because they were reading some of the alarmist postings* on ST from certain posters when the sp dropped by 50% and then, proceeded to put on 200% after that.

* Word is that they were themselves actively bad mouthing the stock.
    Last edited by Balance; 12-03-2020 at 12:56 PM.

Yeah and AFT is $5 right buddy

Quote Originally Posted by Cadalac123 View Post
    Yeah and AFT is $5 right buddy
    Would not have the most basic of idea about AFT - if it is worth $5, buy it!

You stick to your strategy while I stick to mine.

That’s why it’s a market and why wonderful opportunities are presented for those who do their homework, and it’s such a pit of pain for those who have no idea.

One word - Diligent

Another word - CIL (later renamed Montana)
    Last edited by Balance; 12-03-2020 at 01:38 PM.

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    So?

* Word is that they were themselves actively bad mouthing the stock.
    So that they fill their boots at lower levels.

Loving these price level, will get a bigger fill for long term (5yr+) once things settle down a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    So that they fill their boots at lower levels.

Loving these price level, will get a bigger fill for long term (5yr+) once things settle down a bit.
    Yup - they sold out, proceeded to bad mouth the stock in the media at every opportunity, spooked the hell out of the nervous who bailed out all the way down to $2.56 from $6.00+ - and then, as we all know, DIL was taken over at over $7.00.

I believe a complaint was made to the FMA or NZX that Milford was attempting to buy back the shares they sold out at the lower prices? There were definitely rumors in the market to that effect.
    Last edited by Balance; 12-03-2020 at 01:51 PM.

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Yup - they sold out, proceeded to bad mouth the stock in the media at every opportunity, spooked the hell out of the nervous who bailed out all the way to $2.56 - and then was taken over at over $7.00.

I believe a complaint was made to the FMA or NZX that Milford was attempting to buy back the shares they sold out at the lower prices?
    If anything Booking.com might be looking at increasing their stake at bargain prices.

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    If anything Booking.com might be looking at increasing their stake at bargain prices.

They will find it almost impossible to get volume - volume would be what they want if they want to increase their stake.

Banned

My work place banned business travel up to 4 weeks. See...how many businesses will do so? I afraid...SKO will go down to $1.... careful there holders...