sharetrader
Page 145 of 212 FirstFirst ... 4595135141142143144145146147148149155195 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,450 of 2113

Thread: SKO - Serko.com

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Quote Originally Posted by Timesurfer View Post
    I was going to sell what’s left of what we own in the house to buy shares at 50c. The missus will be relieved that she is still sleeping in her bed tonight.

I was surprised when my cheeky buy order got hit today, pity I didn’t have more in but in the name of prudence I thought I’d hold a little back in case it carried on lower (not looking too likely at the moment, but days of the bear are young). Always right to buy at $1.50 though!
    Suspect you should be relieved your not sleeping on the floor tonight Timesurfer! Well done getting some at $1.50 (I think, but who would know ). I topped up a wee bit soon but Hey hopefully in the long run it was the right time to buy some more

Quote Originally Posted by RupertBear View Post
    Suspect you should be relieved your not sleeping on the floor tonight Timesurfer! Well done getting some at $1.50 (I think, but who would know ). I topped up a wee bit soon but Hey hopefully in the long run it was the right time to buy some more
    When they are $40 we will have forgotten whether we were a day or two out on hitting the buy button (may be a year or two further out than I’d hoped now but I have few thousand more shares than I was expecting too!).

Timesurfer. I actually agree with you in all honestly. This is completely oversold. Would I jump in right now with a solid holding? No I wouldn't but I will be starting a DCA based entry very soon, perhaps closer to travel ban extension/cease time, but the prices right now are pretty juicy

Cash position strong. No competitors will rise in this space during this time almost impossible.

Likely dip further though in my honest opinion. Starting a parcel between $1-$2 and view to hold for 1 year for travel sentiment to improve is a solid strategy. Corporate travel likely to get uplifted not too late given face to face meetings and logistical aspects of companies actually rely on members to be present in different locations/stations for a business.

I'd prefer having SKO over AIR tbh

I agree with you Cadillac. I can see it falling again in the immediate future. Things are going to get ugly in the next couple of weeks.
    Eventually, I hope things will return to some sembalance of order and the company should be in a good position to dominate market share going forward. Alternatively, the world travel trade collapses and I won’t be retiring ever. Isn’t life exciting.

webjet in trading halt desparate to raise capital , probably bust if it cant. first of many i think in the travel industry
    one step ahead of the herd

Advanced Member

I've dodged a bullet getting out when I did. Used the money to pay off the floating mortgage part and have some cash on the side so I can live at least 6 months without a steady income.

Quote Originally Posted by silu View Post
    I've dodged a bullet getting out when I did. Used the money to pay off the floating mortgage part and have some cash on the side so I can live at least 6 months without a steady income.
    good move i did the same with my mortgage using share sale proceeds

I watch Corporate Travel Management (CTD.ASX) because I see similar parallels between Corporate Travel Management and Serko.

Corporate Travel Management announced today

"While the recent introduction of further government-imposed restrictions on international travel and reduction to domestic capacity have significantly impacted CTM’s business, many of CTM’s clients across all of its regions are continuing to travel, albeit at low levels. Over half of CTM’s global TTV is domestic in nature, representing travel within a country’s borders."

https://www.asx.com.au/asx/statistics/displayAnnouncement.do?display=pdf&idsId=02216555

Even though business travel will be significantly impacted, customers will still use Serko albeit at low levels. The earnings might be flat for the next 18 months, but I still see light at the end of the tunnel. Corporate Travel Management also use Serko software

Quote Originally Posted by Everwood View Post
    I watch Corporate Travel Management (CTD.ASX) because I see similar parallels between Corporate Travel Management and Serko.

Corporate Travel Management announced today

"While the recent introduction of further government-imposed restrictions on international travel and reduction to domestic capacity have significantly impacted CTM’s business, many of CTM’s clients across all of its regions are continuing to travel, albeit at low levels. Over half of CTM’s global TTV is domestic in nature, representing travel within a country’s borders."

https://www.asx.com.au/asx/statistics/displayAnnouncement.do?display=pdf&idsId=02216555

Even though business travel will be significantly impacted, customers will still use Serko albeit at low levels. The earnings might be flat for the next 18 months, but I still see light at the end of the tunnel. Corporate Travel Management also use Serko software
    Really does CTD use Serko?

flight centre in a trading halt . afr saying they havnt got enough money

https://www.afr.com/street-talk/flig...0200320-p54c69