sharetrader
Page 15 of 212 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast

Thread: SKO - Serko.com

The only issue is did you pay too much to get in? If you believe this is a quality business then you should be hoovering up shares.

I don't give short term trading advice but recommend buying quality companies at bargian prices. DYOR.

Guru

A couple of thoughts:

On the one hand, I am not too concerned as it just seems to be retail investors fleeing,
    On the other hand, I am concerned as no institutions are putting a floor on the price. HOw can it be allowed to drop to 91c even if it was just $1000 worth.

NOt sure whether it is a good thing or not but in the US, the lead broker would provide liquidity (ie. manipulate the price) to ensure this didn't happen.

Closed at 95. Thank god I got scaled.

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    What a horrendous way to start your business off in the market! As with WYN, glad I pulled out at the last minute and was detterred by others posting on here that it was shut already due to oversubscription!
    Well hopefully that has cleaned up all those that applied with the intention of stagging and had to bale when the SP went south. Given the scaling there must be support close to the list price you would think, but maybe those that missed out have just moved on to the next IPO off the rank. Will be interesting to see what happens to both SKO and Gentrack tomorrow and what that means for the other tech IPOs in the works.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
    Well hopefully that has cleaned up all those that applied with the intention of stagging and had to bale when the SP went south. Given the scaling there must be support close to the list price you would think, but maybe those that missed out have just moved on to the next IPO off the rank. Will be interesting to see what happens to both SKO and Gentrack tomorrow and what that means for the other tech IPOs in the works.
    Bilbo , what do you mean "given the scaling there must be support close to the list price "
    The float price was $ 1.10, first trade I think $ 1.13. The shares closed today down 15 cents from the float price @ 95 cents..... There was no support at the list price, let alone 10 % under it .......

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
    ........... Will be interesting to see what happens to both SKO and Gentrack tomorrow and what that means for the other tech IPOs in the works.
    We will be really surprised if Gentrack do a Serko too. All indications say it will be well supported.

Quote Originally Posted by stoploss View Post
    Bilbo , what do you mean "given the scaling there must be support close to the list price "
    The float price was $ 1.10, first trade I think $ 1.13. The shares closed today down 15 cents from the float price @ 95 cents..... There was no support at the list price, let alone 10 % under it .......
    Stoploss, what I mean is that those selling today were probably those that bought with the sole intention of stagging today and did a bit of panic selling to get out. If correct, that should leave long term holders who will not want to sell below the list price, and plenty of people who got scaled who may want to top up. The pre IPO interest showed plenty of support at the list price of $1.10 and for those looking to hold nothing has changed. The game only changed for those looking to make a quick trade and finding that was not going to happen.

El Toro~

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    What a horrendous way to start your business off in the market! As with WYN, glad I pulled out at the last minute and was detterred by others posting on here that it was shut already due to oversubscription!
    To be fair it was a shocker day to list, tech stocks across the board got hammered, XRO, PEB, WYN. I suspect in the coming few weeks nerves will settle and we will see some positive movement.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Ad some of the punters here wonder why money is the only thing (in the right hands) which flows uphill.

Just got my first few shares at 95C today. And just like XRO before, this will do good. I could be wrong of course

Quote Originally Posted by RGR367 View Post
    Just got my first few shares at 95C today. And just like XRO before, this will do good. I could be wrong of course
    Hope so! I bought a big whack of them and am very glad I got scaled back.