sharetrader
Page 158 of 212 FirstFirst ... 58108148154155156157158159160161162168208 ... LastLast
Results 1,571 to 1,580 of 2113

Thread: SKO - Serko.com

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Makes a bit of a mockery of the rebalancing system doesn't it.
    they seem to be on the cusp of announcing further partnerships with booking.com, the ceos speaking engagements have emphasised that they are doing well from domestic travel too. He did inspire some confidence.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    Sold about a quarter of holding into the bounce, just to balance risk weighting on this one.
    It's now back to the levels I sold out this year. I don't think I ever liked a company that much but haven't got a stake in it. I really do wish them well but at current levels I'd feel uncomfortable holding, especially a large parcel I held prior. I hope I do eat my hat and holders are rewarded richly. I of course try to find a way in again at some stage at the right price.

unfortunately I completely underestimated the hysterical response to COVID so rode it down to $1 and back up to $3 before deciding other companies would double my money quicker. So I sold most of my shares off (still hold a few thousand for nostalgia). I probably should have held a few more the way it is going. I’ll probably pick up some more along the way.

However, I can’t complain with the performance of IKE or some of my Aussie shares either.

Antiquated & irrational t.rexjr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by silu View Post
    It's now back to the levels I sold out this year. I don't think I ever liked a company that much but haven't got a stake in it. I really do wish them well but at current levels I'd feel uncomfortable holding, especially a large parcel I held prior. I hope I do eat my hat and holders are rewarded richly. I of course try to find a way in again at some stage at the right price.
    The thing is...
    The way I see it, owning a share in the company isn't about the now. Although Covid will have many a consequence, this 'moment in time' is only a distraction for retail shareholders. App development is the current focus. Although the posts have moved the goals have not changed. The potential is still exceptional. I dare say the future may now actually be closer...

Quote Originally Posted by t.rexjr View Post
    The thing is...
    The way I see it, owning a share in the company isn't about the now. Although Covid will have many a consequence, this 'moment in time' is only a distraction for retail shareholders. App development is the current focus. Although the posts have moved the goals have not changed. The potential is still exceptional. I dare say the future may now actually be closer...
    I fully agree with what you say - and I have no doubt SKO is destined for greatness.
    However, at the time of selling I figured (possibly incorrectly) that the posts had moved beyond my short term goals.
    Who knew that SKO would bounce back so quickly on the back of a decimated travel industry.

The consolation being that I discovered AL3 which is another disruptor that has been on a rocket ride for the past 3 months

Quote Originally Posted by Timesurfer View Post
    I fully agree with what you say - and I have no doubt SKO is destined for greatness.
    However, at the time of selling I figured (possibly incorrectly) that the posts had moved beyond my short term goals.
    Who knew that SKO would bounce back so quickly on the back of a decimated travel industry.

The consolation being that I discovered AL3 which is another disruptor that has been on a rocket ride for the past 3 months
    Where do you find these gems m8 haha

Any idea why Serko is climbing so fast?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by peetter View Post
    Some fish head said today that international travel will be back to normal by 2022.

Quote Originally Posted by peetter View Post
    Inclusion in NZX index

Thanks guys