sharetrader
Page 63 of 212 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773113163 ... LastLast

Thread: SKO - Serko.com

Quote Originally Posted by RupertBear View Post
    Think you might be right Balance, I might be topping up if it does...
    Quote Originally Posted by Timesurfer View Post
    Given the volumes being traded I am not panicking just yet - in fact happy to keep adding (early christmas presents!).
    Feels risky in the current situation. I guess just another SW company with an amazing growth proposition. And sure - at least they don't lose money, but with a forward PE arouund 100 they would need to work on significant and consistent revenue growth ... It may or may not come true (statistically 8 to 9 out of 10 growth start ups don't), but at this stage the market does not value growth potential very much.

Sure - this might turn into the XRO of travelling or it might end up like Diligent - but it might as well do a PPH, an ERD or (heavens forbid) a WYN.

Whatever it is - it might pay to wait whether this is the start of a long and nasty downturn before topping up. Just ask yourself - why would you buy these potentially amazing growth shares at todays price if you might get them tomorrow much cheaper?

Anyway - all the best to shareholders. I don't know where the markets will blow us in these tumultuous times, but personally I moved my portfolio towards bonds, property based shares and good and reliable dividend stocks. They might all go down as well, but none of them would have such a long way down to reach a PE of say 8.5 than e.g. SKO. Ouch ... 2.5 cents earnings per share times 8.5 would be 21 cents (give or take). Actually - from memory DIL did this trick (might have been even lower). Lets better talk about more pleasant things ... 10 days to Christmas ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Feels risky in the current situation. I guess just another SW company with an amazing growth proposition. And sure - at least they don't lose money, but with a forward PE arouund 100 they would need to work on significant and consistent revenue growth ... It may or may not come true (statistically 8 to 9 out of 10 growth start ups don't), but at this stage the market does not value growth potential very much.

Sure - this might turn into the XRO of travelling or it might end up like Diligent - but it might as well do a PPH, an ERD or (heavens forbid) a WYN.

Whatever it is - it might pay to wait whether this is the start of a long and nasty downturn before topping up. Just ask yourself - why would you buy these potentially amazing growth shares at todays price if you might get them tomorrow much cheaper?

Anyway - all the best to shareholders. I don't know where the markets will blow us in these tumultuous times, but personally I moved my portfolio towards bonds, property based shares and good and reliable dividend stocks. They might all go down as well, but none of them would have such a long way down to reach a PE of say 8.5 than e.g. SKO. Ouch ... 2.5 cents earnings per share times 8.5 would be 21 cents (give or take). Actually - from memory DIL did this trick (might have been even lower). Lets better talk about more pleasant things ... 10 days to Christmas ...
    Thanks for your wise words BP. Think I will hold onto what I have in the short term but with a tight stop loss. Dont fancy holding another WYN nor watching my profits or capital go down like I did with ERD.

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/328686

Steadily building up a solid platform to leverage off without betting the farm. Way to go, Serko!

Share price did not quite hit $2.50 but $2.60 was close yesterday. Still there waiting for some panic selling.

Quote Originally Posted by RupertBear View Post
    Thanks for your wise words BP. Think I will hold onto what I have in the short term but with a tight stop loss. Dont fancy holding another WYN nor watching my profits or capital go down like I did with ERD.
    Serko is no Wynyard just as Wynyard was no Diligent.

But Serko and Diligent are not for speculators and risk adverse investors. Why? Because such 'investors' will inevitably sell out when the market waves get a bit too rough!
    Last edited by Balance; 20-12-2018 at 09:11 AM.

Guru

SKO remains to be seen if it will become as speculated the XRO of the world travel industry !

Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    SKO remains to be seen if it will become as speculated the XRO of the world travel industry !
    XRO of the travel world?

No, Apple of the IT world!

Christmas joke.

Advanced Member

If it ever gets close to XRO's MC then I may be even able to retire early. Now back to eating rum-soaked things because that's how I celebrate Christmas.

The new aquisition announcement looks solid to me. If they stick to the plan I see the next couple of years building a solid market share.
    Bought myself some more for Christmas. Hoping to join Silu in retirement.

A good longterm hold. Definitely not for the faint-hearted.

Little bit of action today, good news in the pipeline?