sharetrader
Page 7 of 212 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast

Thread: SKO - Serko.com

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by silu View Post
    The retail pool is likely to be closed early and possibly at very short notice.
    Given this statement from them, I expect it to close early (today?) and hopefully with no more than 50% scaling.

Lots of people will have excess funds after the Gentrack scaling.

Bookbuild has closed. Scaling is expected. Looks like I will get again get a fraction of what I applied for... mixed feelings... good that there is a lot of demand... bad that I didn't get what I want. boohoo.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    Well that's pretty s***house! I was half way through filling in the paperwork when I read that! Once again the big boys dump everything into the IPO and lock out the small guys so they can bid it up to stag it on the first day. Unbelievable...
    The public offer would still be open - it is a different pool isn't it. Having said that, expect heavy scaling so will tie up money for nothing.

Guru

Well that's pretty s***house! I was half way through filling in the paperwork when I read that! Once again the big boys dump everything into the IPO and lock out the small guys so they can bid it up to stag it on the first day. Unbelievable...
    paperwork??? - it takes about 3 minutes to do online.

Hi I'm new here. Anyway, with my frustration on Gentrack re scaling, I did not bother with this anymore. Just been getting minimum parcel of shares lately. Must be due to our trending up (sic) Market or those big boys are really hugging everything now.

Guru

I'll still try if it's a different pool I guess
    page 139 and 140 Doesn't say the size of the three pools

In theory they should favour the retail offer as it has no brokerage.
    Last edited by Harvey Specter; 09-06-2014 at 03:14 PM.

Um lol??????

Guru

I just went through the process (for the first time) of applying for some shares online. (just 1000 mind). What "frightens" me is that there is no signature put on paper with the applications. I mean I know my brothers bank account number, his IRD number, his address and the CSN is not important. I could play a practical joke on him and apply in his name and bank account number and the registry would be none the wiser. Implication is that this could be done to yours truly as well by some unscrupulous individual. Do others share my concerns with the process or are there implied checks and balances that I am unaware of?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    I just went through the process (for the first time) of applying for some shares online. (just 1000 mind). What "frightens" me is that there is no signature put on paper with the applications. I mean I know my brothers bank account number, his IRD number, his address and the CSN is not important. I could play a practical joke on him and apply in his name and bank account number and the registry would be none the wiser. Implication is that this could be done to yours truly as well by some unscrupulous individual. Do others share my concerns with the process or are there implied checks and balances that I am unaware of?
    good point. While you do get an email confirmation, that is in no way linked to the owner if the bank account.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    And then your brother complains to the registry, who investigate, inform the police, who arrest you, and you get prosecuted for fraud. Great practical joke, ends you up in jail, hmmm... http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/worl...egal-minefield
    ~ * ~ De Peones a Reinas ~ * ~