sharetrader
Page 89 of 212 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399139189 ... LastLast

Thread: SKO - Serko.com

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Refreshingly clear strategy and articulated so well.
    With launch of Te Reo version of Zeno, might see some Iwi money come into the company by way of new investment

Quote Originally Posted by silu View Post
    Would love to read your thoughts about it afterwards.
    Silu I think this company has explained its business plan quite clearly in today's presentation.
    Expectations are that revenue growth will be in line with the last 2 years and R&D at elevated levels for the next year or two.
    After that if things go to plan R&D should come to lower levels and revenue growth increase for some years.
    This is what I was left with attending the meeting.

Quote Originally Posted by forest View Post
    Silu I think this company has explained its business plan quite clearly in today's presentation.
    Expectations are that revenue growth will be in line with the last 2 years and R&D at elevated levels for the next year or two.
    After that if things go to plan R&D should come to lower levels and revenue growth increase for some years.
    Listened in on the meeting via video link and I agree with your assessment.

I also sense a very high level of confidence (albeit quietly expressed) that everything is tracking to plan.

The video featuring comments from industry participants at the GBTA convention earlier this month about Zeno - impossible not to get enthusiastic about how well Serko is going to do in the US, as long as they execute to plan.

Based upon their track record to date, I have every confidence they will do so.

Q & A session - they effortlessly answered all questions and did not attempt to downplay the level of competition that they are facing from the established players. Interesting to note that they stated they have attracted staff and customers away from the established players. The related question about the risk then of drawing the attention of the big competitors to shut them down - again was well answered showing that they have thought through how they are endearing themselves to the industry users while protecting their IP at the same time.

What a refreshingly wonderful contrast to PEB - biggest compliment I can pay to the team at Serko.

Onwards and forwards.

$10 sp, here we come!

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by forest View Post
    Thank you for your feedback. I got the same impression from the live feed.

Another thing I noticed was later on when there was the question with regards to staff and as I understood correctly he said that lots of the new ones are independent contractors so they are more flexible in getting projects quickly to the market. So I don't think when those projects are delivered high staff costs could become a drag on the balance sheet.

I've also founded this on a paid website https://www.thecompanydime.com/serko-north-america/
    Serko Tries To Go Where No Corporate Online Booking Tool Has Gone Before

No independent, non-U.S. corporate booking tool provider has ever really succeeded in this market.
    Serko is trying to be the first. The New Zealand-based software provider, which also
    offers expense management, is spending significantly to grow its presence in Canada and the United
    Kingdom as well. The company expects travel management company reseller partnerships in these
    markets to begin paying of during the next year.

What it's taking to get there is no small feat. "Any market to any market is hard," said Serko senior vice
    president for North America Tony . . .

And the comment from one very experienced contributor:
    "If an online booking tool could develop a function to demonstrably prevent hidden mid-office fare markups,
    it could conquer the planet."

As far as I remember Darrin has mentioned in an interview that this is one particular strength of Zeno.

I still feel confident in the Serko board to deliver on their promises and I'm happy to hold a large parcel that I expect to grow and grow.

Thank you for your feedback. I got the same impression from the live feed.

Another thing I noticed was later on when there was the question with regards to staff and as I understood correctly he said that lots of the new ones are independent contractors so they are more flexible in getting projects quickly to the market. So I don't think when those projects are delivered high staff costs could become a drag on the balance sheet.

I've also founded this on a paid website https://www.thecompanydime.com/serko-north-america/
    Serko Tries To Go Where No Corporate Online Booking Tool Has Gone Before

No independent, non-U.S. corporate booking tool provider has ever really succeeded in this market.
    Serko is trying to be the first. The New Zealand-based software provider, which also
    offers expense management, is spending significantly to grow its presence in Canada and the United
    Kingdom as well. The company expects travel management company reseller partnerships in these
    markets to begin paying of during the next year.

What it's taking to get there is no small feat. "Any market to any market is hard," said Serko senior vice
    president for North America Tony . . .

And the comment from one very experienced contributor:
    "If an online booking tool could develop a function to demonstrably prevent hidden mid-office fare markups,
    it could conquer the planet."

As far as I remember Darrin has mentioned in an interview that this is one particular strength of Zeno.

I still feel confident in the Serko board to deliver on their promises and I'm happy to hold a large parcel that I expect to grow and grow.
    Thanks for that, Silu.

Exciting times ahead indeed for Serko!

Let's hope Serko is able to continue to 'conquer the planet' and make NZ Inc truly stand out on the map.

Have seen far too many great NZ stories seduced by takeover offers by the big boys out there.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post

Have seen far too many great NZ stories seduced by takeover offers by the big boys out there.
    Yes...that is my biggest fear as well Balance. On reflection it would have been a good question for someone to ask at the ASM. I REALLY hope this does not happen. I wonder what the next target is after $100mil ? If all goes well for them...I see them achieving the $100ml relatively quickly.

Thanks for comments Silu.
    Disc Modest holding.

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    Yes...that is my biggest fear as well Balance. On reflection it would have been a good question for someone to ask at the ASM. I REALLY hope this does not happen. I wonder what the next target is after $100mil ? If all goes well for them...I see them achieving the $100ml relatively quickly.

Thanks for comments Silu.
    Disc Modest holding.
    Ex-colleagues of mine built up a software company years ago to service the financial services sector - their products and services were so good that they were eclipsing the big players out there (Sun Microsystems, Bloomberg, Oracle, SAP etc).

I was rather keen on them being listed but even before brokers had a chance to pitch to them, they were offered over US$100m for their company by one of the big boys. Cannot fault them for accepting as the money set them up for the rest of their lives several times over but what a tragedy for NZ and the financial services industry. Especially when the big boy promptly shut down the company so they can continue to charge millions of dollars for a single installation vs several hundred thousand dollars for my ex-colleagues.

I sense that Darrin & Shaw & Botherway are different so here's to the future!

Advanced Member

Hope you're right Balance. Like your colleagues... it will be hard to ignore huge dollars should they be offered.
    Money changes many perspectives.

Advanced Member

SAP bought Concur in 2014 for US$7.3 billion. I think at that valuation I'd let my Serko shares go.

SAP bought Concur in 2014 for US$7.3 billion. I think at that valuation I'd let my Serko shares go.
    Well, let's hope the Serko boys think big and play big!