sharetrader
Page 71 of 212 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581121171 ... LastLast

Thread: SKO - Serko.com

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Is this Diligent before or after the big drop?

But yes, I agree, the potential is huge. Lots of excitement on the way is guaranteed - and whether it crashes or flies we only will know with the benefit of hindsight.
    Diligent listed badly and dropped down to 8c before its sp started going ever higher. Same pattern happened with Serko.

Then, Diligent suffered from the options accounting issues and its share price suffered a massive drop before it recovered and then, was taken over.

(What a great opportunity that was to buy stock when Milford was rubbishing the company - sp got down to $2.56 in 2013. Takeover price was $7.39 2.5 years later.)

I have full confidence that Serko will not have a Diligent type issue - Chairman Botherway is an old hand and has kept his eyes on the ball every step of the way.
    Last edited by Balance; 24-04-2019 at 11:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    So big question for those on the sidelines - jump in now or continue to stay out?
    In the short term the FY results will dictate whether we fly to the end of the year or continue to consolodate for another year. But all things being equal I suspect this time next year you will be happy if you buy in now.

It would be interesting to know if they have any other big signings coming down the pipeline, and how their expansion into full travel expense management is going - if that proves to be popular then I see no reason that we aren't looking at the next XRO nevermind diligent.

But first things first - a good FY result!

CEO, NZ Shareholders Association

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Diligent listed badly and dropped down to 8c before its sp started going ever higher. Same pattern happened with Serko.

Then, Diligent suffered from the options accounting issues and its share price suffered a massive drop before it recovered and then, was taken over.

(What a great opportunity that was to buy stock when Milford was rubbishing the company - sp got down to $2.56 in 2013. Takeover price was $7.39 2.5 years later.)

I have full confidence that Serko will not have a Diligent type issue - Chairman Botherway is an old hand and has kept his eyes on the ball every step of the way.
    Well, I've just bought in at $3.67 - $3.69. Have been watching for a while, good to see the revenue growth and the 'holistic' view they maintain on the needs of their customers. So I hope that it isn't a 'Diligent'.

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by SylvesterCat View Post
    Well, I've just bought in at $3.67 - $3.69. Have been watching for a while, good to see the revenue growth and the 'holistic' view they maintain on the needs of their customers. So I hope that it isn't a 'Diligent'.
    I wish you well SC..... SKO my second biggest holding after ATM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    I wish you well SC..... SKO my second biggest holding after ATM.
    Same. Together they make up 50% of my portfolio which is a bit scary but I dare not take cream off the top when there is still so much upside.

Guru

Steady buying again today, does someone know something ahead of the financial results anns ? $ 4-00 next stop !

Investor

And in the meantime, someone is happy to cross off-market a decent parcel at few cents higher than on-market.

1 6 2:10:27 pm 371 15,000 $55,650 Off market

CEO, NZ Shareholders Association

A good chunk of the "steady buying" on-market is me whatsup - and no, I don't know anything. Other than it seems a good long-term growth bet.

Quote Originally Posted by silu View Post
    Same. Together they make up 50% of my portfolio which is a bit scary but I dare not take cream off the top when there is still so much upside.
    SKO is now sitting just under 50% of my portfolio value - but I am not selling either. My best buy is close to returning 120% and I am over 40% average. Not bad for about 14 months. Makes it difficult to keep pouring enough money into other shares so I can pretend I have a balanced portfolio!

SKO sp could very well come back after they report their results - some in the stock do not fully appreciate SKO's strategy of building up scale and sustainable & annuity income.

But then, maybe they have all left the register which is why stock is becoming harder and harder to come by without paying up!