sharetrader
Page 72 of 212 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682122172 ... LastLast

Thread: SKO - Serko.com

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    SKO sp could very well come back after they report their results - some in the stock do not fully appreciate SKO's strategy of building up scale and sustainable & annuity income.

But then, maybe they have all left the register which is why stock is becoming harder and harder to come by without paying up!
    I remember what happened to GTK when they released their latest result. My understanding was that the result was no surprise but the SP just plummeted and is still not coming back to the highs it used to be. Both SKO and GTK are great solid companies with excellent products, but it is always good to be cautious when SP reaches its new high without particular announcements especially before a result announcement.

Well I am always 99% wrong though and BAL just proved that XD

CEO, NZ Shareholders Association

Quote Originally Posted by pg0220 View Post
    I remember what happened to GTK when they released their latest result. My understanding was that the result was no surprise but the SP just plummeted and is still not coming back to the highs it used to be. Both SKO and GTK are great solid companies with excellent products, but it is always good to be cautious when SP reaches its new high without particular announcements especially before a result announcement.

Well I am always 99% wrong though and BAL just proved that XD
    nervous now! hopefully the fundamentals will pull through....

Guru

Im too lazy, when are the results due this year ? 23 May last year !

learning to see in the dark

SKO sp could very well come back after they report their results - some in the stock do not fully appreciate SKO's strategy of building up scale and sustainable & annuity income.
    All income and sustainability figures seem to be ignored these days in favour of quarterly growth percentages. Legacy of Xero..... (Sounds like an XBOX game for share nerds).

Very auspicious too that none of the brokers picked SKO for 2019, just as none of them did in 2017 when Serko was the absolutely top performing stock (+800%) that year.
    Aren't holders and new shareholders glad brokers have not picked Serko in their top picks for 2018, and then 2019?

Always like to look closely at a stock which is not well understood or covered by the brokers - until it bursts through into the NZX50.

35.6% gain so far since Jan 1st, 2019 - more than double that of NZ50 market's 15.1%.

Not as good as ATM's 53% gain (top pick by the brokers) so there's till some catching up to do.

Lots of year left yet ATM has peaked too early.

Looking at LeftField's picks sitting at #2, he is going to be pretty tough to beat this year when IKE finally fires.

800% ... a few more of them years would be nice.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lorne Ranger View Post
    All income and sustainability figures seem to be ignored these days in favour of quarterly growth percentages. Legacy of Xero..... (Sounds like an XBOX game for share nerds).
    two sentiments I share in one quoted post (balance & Lorne Ranger). Happy to hold whole parcel despite being a huge part of my portfolio.

Results out in a week. What is the sp indicating?

It appears to be reflecting a nervous market, with low volume trading? I am not aware of any news that would indicate an unexpected result next week.

learning to see in the dark

Quote Originally Posted by smalltrader View Post
    Results out in a week. What is the sp indicating?
    Looks like some low-confidence traders are bolting before the results, as expected. Could make for an impressive lift if results are positive as would include the 2-3 day dip.