sharetrader
Page 160 of 212 FirstFirst ... 60110150156157158159160161162163164170210 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,600 of 2112

Thread: SKO - Serko.com

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Another cap raising

Not that busy at the moment it seems but looking at world domination

Going for broke often good strategy for the ambitious

Cool
    The right move IMHO, but still huge headwinds in this industry for 1 to 2 years.

Pandemic travel slump may cost 46 million jobs globally

The impact of the coronavirus on travel may cost as many as 46 million jobs globally, according to projections published by an aviation industry group.
    The Air Transport Action Group (ATAG) predicted that the travel slump and a slow recovery will threaten 4.8 million aviation workers and more than half of the 87.7 million total jobs supported directly or indirectly by the sector, in related leisure industries and supply chains.

Disc - was my second biggest holding, but much scaled back in light of Covid.

With so much corporate meetings happening online now I wonder if corporate travel will ever return to the pre covid levels.

Quote Originally Posted by calledone View Post
    With so much corporate meetings happening online now I wonder if corporate travel will ever return to the pre covid levels.
    Unlikely. However, their white label product delivers to more than just corporate travel as I understand it?

Quote Originally Posted by calledone View Post
    It will recover very quickly - deals are extremely hard to do with online meetings.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    It will recover very quickly - deals are extremely hard to do with online meetings.
    Deals may be hard to do online but a lot of meetings can easily be done online. I don't believe corporate travel will recover to previous levels. I expect around 10% of the sector to never return. There are great tools now for sharing info and managing meetings online. Not to mention that some companies will simply not be able to afford it in the near future.

There are tough times out there in the travel, entertainment and hospitality industry.
    Disney is laying off 28,000 workers.
    The CDC extended the cruise ship ban to USA waters until at least 31 October and apparently wanted to ban cruise ships until 15 Feb 2021 but had to compromise with the White House on 31 Oct.

I'm also mindful that Greg Foran is warning that Air NZ are forecasting a slow travel recovery and not expecting it to be back to 100% in the next 3 years.

Having said that, I like the partnerships Serko have created and the potential opportunities so I will consider investing more.

The situation here reminds me of the movie "Up in the Air".

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/360817

Placement upsized and price set at $4.55.

SP will be $5 soon - that's clear enough.

Investor

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/360817

Placement upsized and price set at $4.55.

SP will be $5 soon - that's clear enough.
    Must've been some solid demand from big boys...

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    Must've been some solid demand from big boys...
    Glad I hung onto my shares even though it has been a really rough ride in the last 6 months!

Investor

Glad I hung onto my shares even though it has been a really rough ride in the last 6 months!
    I've got about 70% of my original holding after offloading a bit in recent price run up due to NZX 50 inclusion.