sharetrader
Page 169 of 212 FirstFirst ... 69119159165166167168169170171172173179 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,690 of 2112

Thread: SKO - Serko.com

Multitude of vaccines on the way, and people over virtual meetings so SKO might be in the money sooner than I budgeted.

Serko is looking good. There should be another bounce with the trans-Tasman and Cook Is bubbles confirmed for sometime in Q1 2021

Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
    Serko is looking good. There should be another bounce with the trans-Tasman and Cook Is bubbles confirmed for sometime in Q1 2021
    You could as well argue that the expectation for travel to come back to pre Covid levels next year is already fully priced in given that SKO SP is already now on pre-Covid levels.

So far I think that this expectation is pretty optimistic : People will travel less in the years to come, even if the borders start to re-open in the second half of next year.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    You could as well argue that the expectation for travel to come back to pre Covid levels next year is already fully priced in given that SKO SP is already now on pre-Covid levels.

So far I think that this expectation is pretty optimistic : People will travel less in the years to come, even if the borders start to re-open in the second half of next year.
    Maybe but there’s a lot of people champing at the bit to travel. It surprises me

In my public sector department, I have been told travel (even within New Zealand) is currently off the table. I'm told that the Covid experience has shown management we have other ways of doing things, and stopping travel is a useful cost saving.

No idea how widely this is being replicated, just a little anecdote.

Same here. Organisation of 700 FTE. Budgets are very tight and travel just isn't happening, nor will it for a long time. Makes for a lot of 1am to 4am meetings in my line.
    Last edited by haewai; 14-12-2020 at 09:34 PM.

Couldn’t agree more. I haven’t invested in travel related companies. While I hope to be proven wrong I think that.
    a) budget restrictions will restrict business related travel
    b) a decision supported by a lot of resistant individuals and organisations adopting virtual tools
    c) this has made the use of virtual meetings, training etc possible within and between organisations
    d) COVID has improved the performance and uptake of virtual tools (zoom/teams/slack etc)
    e) with the tools mentioned above people have learnt that spending more time at home with family brings additional benefits and will be reluctant to revert to old ways of doing things

For these reasons I don’t see a quick return to the old normal and am thus staying away.

in fairness the contrarian view could be made that.

a) COVID has created a Yolo effect
    b) recreational travel will significantly increase post COVID due to Yolo effect, catching up on lost time and people wanting to spend the increase in wealth generated over this price to due house price increases etc.

I was originally very pessimistic on post COVID 19 travel which is why I didn’t apply for the full $50,000 in the SPP. However, I see plenty of companies planning conferences and events and also I think the booking.com partnership has value.

I’m on the fence. Personally, I won’t be travelling until this coronavirus has been beaten. I want to wait but plenty don’t see anything to worry about and are ready to hop on planes and do deals in person.

I love zoom but it can’t replace everything. We aren’t at the stage where a family trip to the Gold Coast or Disneyland can be replaced by zoom or VR. Plenty of business meetings and conferences can be done via video conferencing, as we have seen, but some sales calls and meetings will need the personal touch. There’s also something about being in a room with other people that we as humans need - that personal connection

I think software companies like Serko have a future. I wouldn’t be rushing into buying into cruise ships. I think both industries are permanently going to lose around 20% of their clients, but a software company can cope with that better than a company that needs to invest bin maintaining ships

Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
    I think software companies like Serko have a future. I wouldn’t be rushing into buying into cruise ships. I think both industries are permanently going to lose around 20% of their clients, but a software company can cope with that better than a company that needs to invest bin maintaining ships
    SKO is in a position to turn a profit quicker than a lot in the travel and tourism space by clipping the ticket across the board.
    I hear a lot of people over the virtual space but then as pointed out companies faced with budgetary haircuts won't be flying as many people around the globe as before in the immediate future.
    However, when you have people queuing up to sit in aircraft simulators for 8-9 hours at a time ... never underestimate the collective IQ.

I've never held Serko, but I was under the impression they are only involved in Corporate travel? So, it doesn't matter how much people want to go on holiday, it just matters how much companies are willing to spend sending their people around the globe again.