sharetrader
Page 152 of 212 FirstFirst ... 52102142148149150151152153154155156162202 ... LastLast
Results 1,511 to 1,520 of 2112

Thread: SKO - Serko.com

geez some of these disclosures are pretty hefty..

Investor

Just pushing this at front of forum, as we move into $3 range....

Rising like a rocket on the basis of the impending tourism boom. Or are the fund boys pushing it up so they can exit some more? Milford's last disclosure was pretty revealing.
    One thing is for sure, someone will make lots of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Timesurfer View Post
    Rising like a rocket on the basis of the impending tourism boom. Or are the fund boys pushing it up so they can exit some more? Milford's last disclosure was pretty revealing.
    One thing is for sure, someone will make lots of money.
    Milford selling out and Harbour buying - from weak non-non-commited hand to stronger committed hand, hopefully.

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Milford selling out and Harbour buying - from weak non-non-commited hand to stronger committed hand, hopefully.
    That's how see it as well ,Harbour surely are bit more committed than Milford...

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    That's how see it as well ,Harbour surely are bit more committed than Milford...
    Hope so.
    I guess the tourist market is relatively unimportant for SERKO.
    But I do wonder how quickly business travel will return and how long it takes for volumes to ramp up ?
    Maybe quicker than I appreciate within USA and Europe.
    Disc: Holder.

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    Hope so.
    I guess the tourist market is relatively unimportant for SERKO.

Disc: Holder.
    I am not sure it is that unimportant as they whitelist their product for others to use, I don't know if these providers are using it for the general travel.
    I am looking forward to seeing what comes out of their extra R&D investment during this time.

Advanced Member

fwiw a multinational company from Germany I worked for many moons ago has told their staff and directors that there won't be any business flights for the next 12 months unless in an emergency. So no trade shows, customer visits, meetings of distributors etc. Everything to be done via videoconferencing.

discl. like the company but not holding at the moment

I a lot of hope built into the share price at these levels. Business travel is going to be severely curtailed over the next few years. Firstly, international flights are more than likely going to be off the agenda for 2020 and possibly 2021, coupled with most businesses wanting to cut costs as they face the pressure of likely recession. Lastly, what working from home and online meetings has shown us is that it's perfectly adequate in most cases to replace business travel. Most definitely not all, but it's hard to see the level of bookings returning to 2019 levels within the next 3 years. Moreover the many thousands of companies they work with in the travel industry might be under pressure to even survive. This is just my take on things.
    One investing house I follow has this priced at around $1.50 and I'm afraid to say I don't disagree.

Even before the pandemic hit, the first half was readjusted downward. Seems as if growth hasn't moved much in the US. So there were issues even beforehand. The company wasn't generating positive operating cash-flow and now this looks like many moons away.

The 100m revenue target looks like a pie in the sky too. Don't understand how this has a market cap of 268m. Over 10x sales with no profit, no op cf.

Very sensible points, but please - don't annoy the believers ... they well might go after you ;

A quite expensive loss making but so called "growth company" with a much higher risk of going down than a chance of going up during the coming reality phase of this crisis.

Growth companies don't fare well in economical downturns. Reliable income and dividend streams are king and Serko offers neither.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)