sharetrader
Page 131 of 212 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131132133134135141181 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 2112

Thread: SKO - Serko.com

Quote Originally Posted by peetter View Post
    I've heard from a Chinese person their government is hiding the real numbers of dead and sick. They also told me to stay away from Chinese new year celebrations as there's bound to be some travelers there.
    Not sure what is the truth, but wouldn't be surprised if the Chinese government did something like this...
    That certainly was true when SARS broke out in 2002.

I believe this time round that the China government has actually been praised for declaring an alert and notifying the WHO as soon as they discovered the problem less than a month ago.

As for actual numbers, who actually know until the situation is properly quantified - those spreading the rumours have no idea how big China is, and the small the world is these days!

A tourist in intensive care and in isolation for a month supposedly suffering from the coronavirus in Thailand has just been found to have the flu!

Does this kind of action suggest a government attempting a cover-up?

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/soci...esidents-wuhan

Only in China would it be possible to lock down a city of 14m (yes, 14 million) people (during their most important festive period) to stop the spread of the disease!
    Last edited by Balance; 23-01-2020 at 12:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by silu View Post
    What a media beat up. In terms of death the Samoan measles outbreak was WAY WAY WAY MORE devastating and media outside of the Pacific area barely mentioned it.
    There are plenty of direct flights from China to Europe and the US but I'd be very surprised if there any from Samoa, along with the fact that the media can report on a new and scary virus rather than an illness there is no reason for any to catch these days.

With the bulk of their income from corporate travel I'd imagine SKO would be slow to suffer and quick to recover from these outbreaks that are more likely to impact cattle class?

Minnows and their money will soon be parted?
    Not sure if the corona virus is driving the panic selling by small holders, or if these are just speculators that jumped on board recently?

Quote Originally Posted by Timesurfer View Post
    Not sure if the corona virus is driving the panic selling by small holders, or if these are just speculators that jumped on board recently?
    Traders playing for nickel & dimes, and leaving the gold nuggets for the rest.

SP still above MA30, MA50 and all higher MA's.

Is this what you call panic selling? I hoped reading your post there might be a bargain ... very disappointed.

Wake me up again when the SP drops through the MA 200 - this would be a nice little panic, wouldn't it?

BTW - Last time it dropped through the MA200 was 23/10/2019 - and at that stage not even a new virus at large.
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 27-01-2020 at 11:47 AM.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    SP still above MA30, MA50 and all higher MA's.

Is this what you call panic selling? I hoped reading your post there might be a bargain ... very disappointed.

Wake me up again when the SP drops through the MA 200 - this would be a nice little panic, wouldn't it?
    Sorry for the false hope of a bargain.
    It may yet happen.

By panic selling I was merely speculating that these small trades driving the price down are backed by fear of the world ending (or worse). There is no other logical reason I can see for people parting with their stock on downward trend.

However, I do find these dips have enabled me to grow a reasonable portfolio while maintaining a healthy portfolio return%.
    Like yourself, I am waiting for the dials to spin around to "jackpot" buy.

I'd say we are in panic selling mode (by the few). And one would have to say it can only be attributed to fear of a virus.
    It is rapidly heading into accumulate territory so I am going to have sell some kids or something to find extra money.

First small purchase at 4.87, intend to buy more if it keeps dropping.

I'd say we are in panic selling mode (by the few). And one would have to say it can only be attributed to fear of a virus.
    It is rapidly heading into accumulate territory so I am going to have sell some kids or something to find extra money.
    Would you think that all 11,000 shares today have been sold in panic, or just a certain proportion of them?

I notice that the share price is still above MA30 (though coming closer).
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)