sharetrader
Page 57 of 82 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167 ... LastLast
Results 841 to 855 of 1227

Thread: Serko

  1. #841
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    3,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    SKO opens up 2.5% in Aust but not all of that rise is reflected here in N Z we are now $4.32 atm.
    Looking stronger now at $4.35, but still lagging on ASX price of A$4.22.

  2. #842
    Legend Balance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    10,408

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    Looking stronger now at $4.35, but still lagging on ASX price of A$4.22.
    Up 55% YTD.

    Simply stunning!

  3. #843
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    3,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Up 55% YTD.

    Simply stunning!
    Another strong start for the day.

  4. #844
    Legend Balance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    10,408

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    Another strong start for the day.
    Could a be a few attendees at NZX's presentation by Serko last week deciding they better grab a few before the sp reaches $5.00?

    Share market old timer I used to hang out with once said to me : "Investors in NZ find it harder and harder to buy a stock as its share price goes higher and higher. It is perverse as it should get easier and easier! Means the story is getting better and better, and more believers are jumping onboard."

    So much truth in what he said.

  5. #845
    Member Timesurfer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Top of the South
    Posts
    347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Could a be a few attendees at NZX's presentation by Serko last week deciding they better grab a few before the sp reaches $5.00?

    Share market old timer I used to hang out with once said to me : "Investors in NZ find it harder and harder to buy a stock as its share price goes higher and higher. It is perverse as it should get easier and easier! Means the story is getting better and better, and more believers are jumping onboard."

    So much truth in what he said.
    Good quote. And good news day again. $5 looking closer and closer
    “Better three hours too soon than a minute too late.”
    ― William Shakespeare

  6. #846
    always learning ... BlackPeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Canterbury
    Posts
    5,270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Could a be a few attendees at NZX's presentation by Serko last week deciding they better grab a few before the sp reaches $5.00?

    Share market old timer I used to hang out with once said to me : "Investors in NZ find it harder and harder to buy a stock as its share price goes higher and higher. It is perverse as it should get easier and easier! Means the story is getting better and better, and more believers are jumping onboard."

    So much truth in what he said.
    Nonsense.

    Share price is always underlying value plus hype. Hype can be a big number and it can be positive or negative. Just looking at the SP does not allow you to identify the hype component - it would have been not very clever to buy into PEB or WYN while the price was high - but obviously for some other stocks (like MFT or FPH) a high and constantly rising price seems to reflect the underlying value.

    A high share price is no reason at all to buy a share - but, if the underlying value is better than the SP, than it obviously shouldn't be an obstacle either.

    Whether Serko is cheap or dear is nothing you can read from the share price ... other than that the market seems to think at this stage that it is worthwhile buying. Sometimes the market is right and sometimes it is wrong. Just remember - this is the same market which was happy to pay at some stage $ 4 for TRA, $2 for WYN, $1.60 for PEB or $20.0000 for Bitcoin.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

  7. #847
    Legend Balance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    10,408

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Nonsense.

    Share price is always underlying value plus hype. Hype can be a big number and it can be positive or negative. Just looking at the SP does not allow you to identify the hype component - it would have been not very clever to buy into PEB or WYN while the price was high - but obviously for some other stocks (like MFT or FPH) a high and constantly rising price seems to reflect the underlying value.

    A high share price is no reason at all to buy a share - but, if the underlying value is better than the SP, than it obviously shouldn't be an obstacle either.

    Whether Serko is cheap or dear is nothing you can read from the share price ... other than that the market seems to think at this stage that it is worthwhile buying. Sometimes the market is right and sometimes it is wrong. Just remember - this is the same market which was happy to pay at some stage $ 4 for TRA, $2 for WYN, $1.60 for PEB or $20.0000 for Bitcoin.
    And you seriously consider investing in Bitcoin, PEB, Wynyard & TRA in the same league as investing in AIA, EBO, SKO, DIL, MFT, XRO, ATM?

    Stunning!

    Enuf said!
    Last edited by Balance; 02-07-2019 at 11:56 AM.

  8. #848
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    3,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    And you seriously consider investing in Bitcoin, PEB, Wynyard & TRA in the same league as investing in AIA, EBO, SKO, DIL, MFT, XRO, ATM?

    Stunning!

    Enuf said!
    Well put Balance.

  9. #849
    Member Timesurfer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Top of the South
    Posts
    347

    Default

    I think you can find exceptions to every rule, and a little common sense goes a long way. However, if there wasn’t some risk everyone would be doing it.
    “Better three hours too soon than a minute too late.”
    ― William Shakespeare

  10. #850
    Member Timesurfer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Top of the South
    Posts
    347

    Default

    Are the big boys about to pounce now they have sucked the price back again - or is the sp about to tumble back to a price where I will be forced to start accumulating again? Cat and mouse going on.
    “Better three hours too soon than a minute too late.”
    ― William Shakespeare

  11. #851
    Member Timesurfer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Top of the South
    Posts
    347

    Default

    How exciting, I will soon be able to afford to accumulate more.
    “Better three hours too soon than a minute too late.”
    ― William Shakespeare

  12. #852
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Tauranga
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Timesurfer View Post
    How exciting, I will soon be able to afford to accumulate more.
    This! ^^

    I have been waiting for the next (Inevitable) dip on this before it spring boards again.

  13. #853
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Mid of Middle_earth
    Posts
    789

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ziptie View Post
    This! ^^

    I have been waiting for the next (Inevitable) dip on this before it spring boards again.
    Oh I just try to bought some more on it on 410 and below as I'm completely sold to the story just like that stock called zilch

  14. #854
    learning to see in the dark
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    218

    Default

    I'm a bit baffled by the lacklustre support for this stock above $4. Is everyone just hypnotised by PLX right now? The latest SKO financial update seems to have taken some wind out but im not sure why as the result was good, IMHO. Any suggestions?

  15. #855
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    102

    Default

    A lot of tech stocks are momentum trading. The company has to constantly give out new announcements to keep up the momentum. In this case, SKO is currently losing momentum, and resulting the SP being pulled back.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •