sharetrader
Page 45 of 212 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595145 ... LastLast

Thread: SKO - Serko.com

Good question and key to USA push. If they can land a large USA customer and prove their approach is novel the sky is the limit. I would be watching for SIGNED deals and not trade show press releases.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Schrodinger View Post
    Good question and key to USA push. If they can land a large USA customer and prove their approach is novel the sky is the limit. I would be watching for SIGNED deals and not trade show press releases.
    I didn't want to push Serko's agenda just keeping existing shareholders abreast of what is going on at this important trade fair. If it's perceived to be ramping I can easily stop.

Yes contracts of course will be the key - I personally hope the LOI with Flight Centre Group will bare fruit (see announcement 19/7/18).

The next shareholder meeting will be on 22nd August and I'm sure we will learn more about the path ahead.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by silu View Post
    I didn't want to push Serko's agenda just keeping existing shareholders abreast of what is going on at this important trade fair. If it's perceived to be ramping I can easily stop.

Yes contracts of course will be the key - I personally hope the LOI with Flight Centre Group will bare fruit (see announcement 19/7/18).

The next shareholder meeting will be on 22nd August and I'm sure we will learn more about the path ahead.
    Don’t see it as ramping, thanks for posting the info, has saved me looking for it. If you hadn’t I would have missed it completely. Not sure what the end game will be for SKO, could easily be a takeover by another bigger player in the industry.
    Disc. Modest holding from IPO.

Quote Originally Posted by Meister View Post
    Can you elaborate on exactly why/how this technology is so disruptive? Is it really something that others can't easily build or copy?

Pushpay is an example of a technology that is hitting hard initially, growing fast, but ultimately isn't that special in terms of what it does and can be quite easily cloned I think. Xero on the other hand (and accounting software in general) is far more complex a product and it wouldn't be easy at all to try to compete with them. Look at Xero themselves scrapping their custom built tax thing recently and going with a partner.

Where does Serko fall on that scale?
    Serko appear to have some good connections - like being able to not only book a seat but book which seat and a meal.
    The addition of the expense tracking will no doubt make life easier in the corporate world.
    I don't see them being easy to replicate by startup businesses.

Xero have a great marketing plan, ie the way they got accountants signed up on commissions etc.
    However, although their product was better than the traditional competition like MYOB I found it pretty clunky when I was using it. Although this was a few years ago, it still felt like a modular construction that all the parts didn't talk to each other as well as they could have.

I sold my high client business and now use Wave for what I do. It is a lot more use friendly and cheaper.
    Other than accountants pushing Xero I don't really see how they have a product that can't be relatively easily replicated.
    They have been successful at building a huge client base - even if they haven't turned that into a profit yet.

Interesting comparison all the same. And as a holder I am of course hoping for a similar SP two years from now!

Guru

Should be a very interesting meeting, make or break imo .

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Shares on issue ………....80,348,887
    Market cap at $2.95 …..$237,029,217
    eps...…………………………...2.45 cents.
    PE ratio...……………………...120.41
    NTA...…………………………...8.83 cps.
    Dividend...……………………….0
    Revenue ……………………….$18,3mil
    Net Income...………………….$1.8 mil.
    Perhaps a lot of SKO's future earnings are already priced into their share price.?
    Could you work out Xero? Wait I will do it haha

Shares on Issue................140,374,379
    Market Cap at $47.53........$6,676,907,337 Australian Dollars $7,350,607,287.30 New Zealand Dollars
    eps On ANZ Securities.......-18.79
    PE ratio on ANZ................-253.14
    Dividend..........................0
    Revenue..........................$406,000,000 (Near to what ATM hope to make in Profit Next year)
    Net Income I believe was.. -$27,000,000
    Perhaps people are finding future earnings are already priced in here?? Silly Question.
    Last edited by Ggcc; 16-08-2018 at 05:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by silu View Post

Ramping?

Of course you are ramping - NOT!

Thanks for keeping us abreast of what's happening Silu.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    Could you work out Xero? Wait I will do it haha

Shares on Issue................140,374,379
    Market Cap at $47.53........$6,676,907,337 Australian Dollars $7,350,607,287.30 New Zealand Dollars
    eps On ANZ Securities.......-18.79
    PE ratio on ANZ................-253.14
    Dividend..........................0
    Revenue..........................$406,000,000 (Near to what ATM hope to make in Profit Next year)
    Net Income I believe was.. -$27,000,000
    Perhaps people are finding future earnings are already priced in here?? Silly Question.
    We live and invest in interesting times.?
    Love the negative -253.14 PE.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    We live and invest in interesting times.?
    Love the negative -253.14 PE.
    Have a look at Sky TV leading up to when it started delivering profits.

The company bled $$$$ year after year but the sp kept tracking higher and higher - strategy was very clearly articulated to investors and the market - that when inflection point on subscriber numbers is reached, the company would enjoy rivers of cash.

That's the story with these stocks.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Have a look at Sky TV leading up to when it started delivering profits.

The company bled $$$$ year after year but the sp kept tracking higher and higher - strategy was very clearly articulated to investors and the market - that when inflection point on subscriber numbers is reached, the company would enjoy rivers of cash.

That's the story with these stocks.
    Thanks Balance.
    I think I was one of Sky's first subscribers in Christchurch, which made it easy for me to see "the full picture".
    Maybe because I do not use either Serko's or Xero's products I do not understand how to value either.
    Never mind, I have done enough with what I do understand, to retire comfortably.
    That -253.14 is actually over 253 years losses,so that infection point on subscribers, does not look to be just around the corner.
    Makes Serko's positive 120 PE look very modest...…?
    Just realised I have not asked the right question.Do you expect SKO's earnings to grow at over or under 100% this year and next.?
    Last edited by percy; 16-08-2018 at 08:25 PM.