sharetrader
Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by KW View Post
    Even better, the listed trusts usually also suffer a P/E contraction along with the general market, pushing their yields up. It is often a good chance to buy them cheap, in order to get more cashflow in the future. I think most of my REITs are currently delivering 14-28% yields now on my buy price a few years ago. Keep reinvesting the cash, and the magic of compounding does the rest.
    Yes we've seen that with Goodman property trust which for no reason has been beaten back to trade slightly under NTA and showed a fully tax paid dividend yield of 6.5% based on my recent extry price. They're only distributing about 80% of their profit so the gross dividend yield for those on a 33% tax rate here at 9.7% understates their true earnings. Developments of their land bank are progressing well.

Would you please be so kind as to share your two most preferred Australian REIT's together with their current yeilds based on current pricing, that would be most appreciated.
    Last edited by Beagle; 28-04-2014 at 09:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KW View Post
    Current long term income and growth portfolio (21 stocks) is up 125% with shares purchased between 2011 and 2013. This doesnt include the stocks I've sold this year though, as I havent reinvested the profits yet. My smaller more speculative portfolio is up over 300% with shares purchased 2013-2014.
    Very impressive, thanks for answering.

Are all of those in your growth portfolio from NZX and ASX?

Thanks I'll look into those.

KW, great thread. I've only just discovered it. I am an FA investor but try to use some sort of TA to help my timing, although haven't got to the point where I have a system. I rely more on my ability to know whether something is undervalued or overvalued and position myself accordingly.

Curious to know whether you use EMA or SMA and why? I can see the merits in both, but am leaning towards EMA especially when considering longer time frames

KW, very interested to know how you set trailing stops?

IMO

Hi KW Steel and Tube on NZX looks like a good example. I hold a few and see it is approaching the 200dma (on NZX website); would your T/A look at selling soon? thanks for your free sharing btw. JT

Hunting for Heuristic trends

As a newbie I have been looking at different websites such as Google finance and ANZ (for broking). I have just looked at Yahoo finance and noticed that yahoo seems to have /report data volumes that are not even appearing on google or anz...!

I see a 1.5Mill and later a 2.2Mill trade for NZX:AIA and it does not even appear on the other two sites..??

They are not reported under the Market Depth of anz...
    Talk about serious holes in the data,
    Last edited by arc; 22-05-2014 at 02:59 PM.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Question Are you sure

Quote Originally Posted by arc View Post
    As a newbie I have been looking at different websites such as Google finance and ANZ (for broking). I have just looked at Yahoo finance and noticed that yahoo seems to have /report data volumes that are not even appearing on google or anz...!

I see a 1.5Mill and later a 2.2Mill trade for NZX:AIA and it does not even appear on the other two sites..??

They are not reported under the Market Depth of anz...
    Talk about serious holes in the data,
    Well, I just had a quick look at google, yahoo, stocknessmonster and ASB Securities and they are all reporting the same volume, (they all get their data from the NZX).

So I think you may need to have another look.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Hunting for Heuristic trends

Missing data on the volume trace, below graph.

Last edited by arc; 23-05-2014 at 10:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by arc View Post
    Missing data on the volume trace, below graph.

I worked out what your issue is.

You are using linux
    No advice here. Just banter. DYOR