sharetrader
Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Exclamation Spot the difference

DIL BigCharts 1 year:

Attachment 7143

DIL BigCharts 2 year compare right hand half with above:

Attachment 7144

So BigCharts EMA's are not reliable (being polite)

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Membaa

I wouldn't use free online charts for any serious TA analysis, let alone decisions. I use Incredible Charts, for daily, weekly etc charts, it is fully featured, free with free NZX data from yahoo. Easy to use with just a small investment of time to learn. http://www.incrediblecharts.com/ Highly recommended.

BAA

Membaa

ASB's whole trading platform is primitive, just an online fax machine for placing orders with their brokers, some very basic data tables, and agree ... the charts are awful. I think I read here on ST that someone suggested ASB might switch to the CommSec platform, which is a lot better, but don't expect even that to be a TA tool. No point calling ASB and asking though, they have 'fob off' down to a fine art.

Quote Originally Posted by KW View Post
    Yahoo agrees with you. However, even if not perfect bigcharts is still better than the rubbish that passes for charts in ASB Securities. Its as though ASB think all their clients are stupid, so why bother giving them any useful tools.
    Attachment 7147

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    Personally - I think that it is posts like this that give TA a bad name .

Give a TAer enough data points and their hindsight becomes brilliant .

The rest of us wrote SKT off last September (but forgot to mention it anywhere )

Briefly glanced at it in November ,

And have ignored it since .

At least you have used a log price axis

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger

Disc Apparently, if I put enough blue smiles in the post it makes it OK
    I've had enough of this crap ...I'm gone.
    my posts will start to be deleted as of now
    I'll leave you all in the "safe" hands of Paper Tiger ...the expert chartist with his fanastic charts and who knows it all....
    Last edited by Hoop; 04-03-2015 at 12:21 AM.

No don't do that Hoop. You're one of the most valuable posters on ST.

Put him on ignore if you must but I'm sure I'm not alone in appreciating your posts.

I understand your frustration though, I myself don't post my charts because I still feel like I got my training wheels on after 7 years and I'm not sure I want to have to defend every call I make. There aren't really many chartists on ST though and I like looking at what others are up to and then comparing with my own efforts.

Hoop would rather you continued and put him on ignore too

IMO

Hear Hear!!!

I second that

Senior Member Toulouse - Luzern's Avatar

Smile Hoop - please keep posting

Quote Originally Posted by whirly View Post

"No don't do that Hoop.
    You're one of the most valuable posters on ST.
    ... ...
    There aren't really many chartists on ST though and I like looking at what others are up to and then comparing with my own efforts.
    Hi Hoop,

Please keep posting.

Totally agree with Whirly and KW.
    Your posts and TA analysis are valuable for me.

Also enjoy PT posts over the years and especially PT effort for many years on the NZX contest.

Personally like TA and momentum for timing entries and exits and over the years you may understand I have read much negative comment on TA.

There are lots of subjects with as many viewpoints as people in the room/forum etc.

Lots to learn from others views.

All good.

And finally KW your posts are excellent and educational, I for one really appreciate them.

Thanks and regards

Default My 2 bits worth

I recently decided to have a look at every stock on the ASX to try and come up with a SHORT list of "Long Term Up-trending" stocks that have generally been up-trending since 2012. I realize this is a rather subjective sort of thing but the idea was to get a small list of stocks that I could keep a close eye on for researching etc rather than trying to cover the whole field each time.

Came up with this list...
    AJA, ALL, APA, CAJ, CBA, CIN, CTD, DMP, HHV, GHC, LEP, LLC, MFF, MFG, MGR, MQG, NHF, QUB, RFG, RHC, SHL, SRV, SRX, SYD, TCL, TLS, TNE, TNE, TRG, VTS, WHF and several iShare ETF's eg IVV

Attachment 7169

I know there are others that would also qualify but as I say it is a subjective thing and the above were found just by a quick look at each chart.
    Next step is to check these stocks to see what signals would best suit me for entry and exiting such stocks.

The above chart is for RHC which co-incidentally is my biggest holding - depicts 3 moving averages (50, 100 & 200) none of which have crossed since March 2012. At that time it was approximately $19 - now close to $70

As an aside, although not in the above list, currently interested in HSO as I like Health orientated shares
    Last edited by pedro.nz; 04-03-2015 at 11:14 AM.