sharetrader
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by ENP View Post
    My cash is there to allow me to purchase quickly when an opportunity arises.

It is not an investment. It is not something I want to maximise my return on.

It is there for the sole reason to allow me to purchase any share I want to when I want to.

Chasing an extra % or half a % here and there is not what "cash" should be there for if you are primarily a share investor!
    Totally agree ENP

As it's a wet day and I haven't had a close look at percentages for a few months (I haven't been particularly active) I've just brought my portfolio up to date.

Cash 18%
    Bonds/Fixed Interest/Pref. Shares 43%
    NZ Shares 24%
    O/Seas Shares 15%

IMO

Well i still have very little cash and many investments esp NZ ones are doing well. But keep thinking re Q E 3 ending and causing a correction. Could be just blips or a large one or nothing much, with share prices already factoring in this uncertainty. So im feeling a little uncomfortabl being pretty much all in atm. What are other peoples strategies now? Who's been selling up and who's sitting/buying?cheers

born2invest

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Well i still have very little cash and many investments esp NZ ones are doing well. But keep thinking re Q E 3 ending and causing a correction. Could be just blips or a large one or nothing much, with share prices already factoring in this uncertainty. So im feeling a little uncomfortabl being pretty much all in atm. What are other peoples strategies now? Who's been selling up and who's sitting/buying?cheers
    If you are feeling uncomfortable about your portfolio what are you going to do about it?

IMO

Im reading lots , consulting,and will come to a decision.Ideally i would like to wait until some stocks go ex div before selling some. We will see. How about you b2i do you have an opinion any thoughts to share with your share trader com.? Be great to hear.

born2invest

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Im reading lots , consulting,and will come to a decision.Ideally i would like to wait until some stocks go ex div before selling some. We will see. How about you b2i do you have an opinion any thoughts to share with your share trader com.? Be great to hear.
    Thoughts on how much cash I have in my portfolio you mean?