sharetrader
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Civil/transport engineer for a small consultancy. So almost no relationship to finance and investments

born2invest

Quote Originally Posted by Kaspar View Post
    what's freight forwarding like? what sort of qualifications are needed or what skill sets are ideal?
    I enjoy it. It keeps me very busy and is non stop.

High school qualification will do. You need to be able to work under pressure, think quickly, be good with people. It's not rocket science.

born2invest

Interesting, so everyone here has a profession outside of investments.

I'm an E-learning Instructional Designer

Fisherman / Share Trader (more fishing in summer more trading in winter)
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

percy

I sell books to school and small public libraries.Mainly end of lines.Iam self employed and work from home,.I cover most of the South Island from Dunedin upwards.I sell ex van.Started out part-time but got out of control,so do it full time.I source my books from Auckland publishers/book suppliers.I have been doing it for about 25 years and still love it.Best job in NZ.
    The sharemarket is my hobby.

Share Collector

Once worked as a Food Technologist in QA, R&D, Project Management. Began investing as an at-home mother of 3 in 1996. These days I'm doing all sorts of bits and pieces in a small branch of a commercial flooring business.

I tried for a while to stay home and trade/invest "full-time" while the kids were at school, but found there was too much expectation from children/husband/mother/school that I was available to do anything and everything that nobody else wanted to do... so I have taken refuge in part time work and squeeze investing in around the edges. I would possibly make more money if I spent more time at home investing, but seem to remember it as pretty lonely and lacking in fulfilment. Then again, maybe that was because it was 2007-2008 when investing wasn't much fun anyway! Though I did manage to learn the violin to grade 3, tried jazz dance and even went to the gym regularly, so it wasn't all dull.

A few years ago I stopped being a sysadmin in the IT industry to study towards being a financial advisor. after I completed my diploma I have been loss adjusting Chch EQ business interruption insurance claims.
    I finished that a few weeks ago
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

I am a GP.

Motorcycle Mechanic. Spent a few years overseas as a tutor in India. Now in the technical department for a NZ distributor.