sharetrader
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 124
  1. #16
    Advanced Member BIRMANBOY's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Wellington
    Posts
    1,556

    Default

    Important note...if you see any errors anywhere please let me know. With 120 odd companies I m always finding things i've missed or misread so appreciate any "heads up" Thanks
    www.dividendyield.co.nz
    Conservative Investing and dividend producers...get rich slowly!
    https://www.facebook.com/dividendyieldnz

  2. #17
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Eastern BoP..
    Posts
    1,761

    Default

    Well done BIRMANBOY.. You should be having NZX.COM kicking in your door waving a large cheque.

  3. #18
    Advanced Member BIRMANBOY's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Wellington
    Posts
    1,556

    Default

    Ha...thanks Janner...can I have the cheque and keep my door intact as well? We hope that eventually it will drive some business to the NZX. Its got to be good for everyone, both investors and listed Co's to have more people participating in the market. The NZX (and NZ) is under the international radar in many ways so the more exposure to all the good things we offer has got to be positive.
    Quote Originally Posted by janner View Post
    Well done BIRMANBOY.. You should be having NZX.COM kicking in your door waving a large cheque.
    www.dividendyield.co.nz
    Conservative Investing and dividend producers...get rich slowly!
    https://www.facebook.com/dividendyieldnz

  4. #19
    percy
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    christchurch
    Posts
    13,291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BIRMANBOY View Post
    Just to advise anyone interested in dividends and dividend yields as an investment strategy that we have a new website which has just gone live. Would appreciate any comments, suggestions and general feedback. Thanks
    www.dividendyield.co.nz
    Good effort.Banking HNZ says no dividend history.
    Don't tell anyone,but I have received two dividends from them.!

  5. #20
    Advanced Member BIRMANBOY's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Wellington
    Posts
    1,556

    Default

    Hi Percy, thanks..will see whats happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Good effort.Banking HNZ says no dividend history.
    Don't tell anyone,but I have received two dividends from them.!
    www.dividendyield.co.nz
    Conservative Investing and dividend producers...get rich slowly!
    https://www.facebook.com/dividendyieldnz

  6. #21
    percy
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    christchurch
    Posts
    13,291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BIRMANBOY View Post
    Hi Percy, thanks..will see whats happened.
    I should have pointed out that HNZ also have a dividend reinvestment plan.
    A concern.Postie Plus is one of the highest dividend yields,yet it remains to be seen whether the company can survive.Therefore, their ability to pay dividends in future is very much in doubt.May be a little warning bell !! [or a dirty great big one] !!!!!

  7. #22
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Eastern BoP..
    Posts
    1,761

    Default

    to put it politely Percy.. FFS shut up .. Our secret..

    Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    I should have pointed out that HNZ also have a dividend reinvestment plan.
    A concern.Postie Plus is one of the highest dividend yields,yet it remains to be seen whether the company can survive.Therefore, their ability to pay dividends in future is very much in doubt.May be a little warning bell !! [or a dirty great big one] !!!!!

  8. #23
    percy
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    christchurch
    Posts
    13,291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by janner View Post
    to put it politely Percy.. FFS shut up .. Our secret..
    Yeah Right.!!!
    Sorry Janner.
    My lips are sealed.

  9. #24
    Advanced Member BIRMANBOY's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Wellington
    Posts
    1,556

    Default

    Percy, have corrected the DIV reinvestment and added the dividend for HNZ for Y/e 12 of .015cents. I dont change dividends until there is a complete year to plug in so when the final comes out this will be updated along with the March interim of 0.02 cents. I might point out that the HNZ website is pretty useless as regards shareholder /investor information. I couldnt find anything on their website about div re plan and nothing about the special div of 0.015cent div in dec.
    Re the "reliability" of future div eg Postie + this is impossible to deal with.....APN is another glaring example. This is why we say you have to look at the entire picture and not just take the Div yield as set in stone.
    Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    I should have pointed out that HNZ also have a dividend reinvestment plan.
    A concern.Postie Plus is one of the highest dividend yields,yet it remains to be seen whether the company can survive.Therefore, their ability to pay dividends in future is very much in doubt.May be a little warning bell !! [or a dirty great big one] !!!!!
    www.dividendyield.co.nz
    Conservative Investing and dividend producers...get rich slowly!
    https://www.facebook.com/dividendyieldnz

  10. #25
    percy
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    christchurch
    Posts
    13,291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BIRMANBOY View Post
    Percy, have corrected the DIV reinvestment and added the dividend for HNZ for Y/e 12 of .015cents. I dont change dividends until there is a complete year to plug in so when the final comes out this will be updated along with the March interim of 0.02 cents. I might point out that the HNZ website is pretty useless as regards shareholder /investor information. I couldnt find anything on their website about div re plan and nothing about the special div of 0.015cent div in dec.
    Re the "reliability" of future div eg Postie + this is impossible to deal with.....APN is another glaring example. This is why we say you have to look at the entire picture and not just take the Div yield as set in stone.
    Good work.
    Suggest you buy a few HNZ shares,then you will enjoy,good dividends,an upward share price and up to date information.lol.
    Next year ending 30/6/2014 they are expected to pay 6cents fully imputed per share dividend.On today's SP of 83cents that is 7.23% nett.SP should double in the next 3 to 5 years.
    I get your point about the reliability of future dividends.It does concern me that people may not look at the entire picture.

  11. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    189

    Default

    Birmanboy - Thanks, what a great site. I'm a recent arrival in NZ and a fairly experienced dividend investor overseas but was finding the lack easily accessible information here, such as you supply, a problem. For someone like myself who's trying to build an NZ income producing portfolio your site will be invaluable. Thanks.

  12. #27
    Advanced Member BIRMANBOY's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Wellington
    Posts
    1,556

    Default

    Sure thing...its a work in progress so keep an eye on it..goal is to eventually have it cover different countries and also have a "passworded" section with added tools. NZ has some high div producers which is a big benefit for conservative investors such as ourselves and also growing pool of retired individuals.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackCross View Post
    Birmanboy - Thanks, what a great site. I'm a recent arrival in NZ and a fairly experienced dividend investor overseas but was finding the lack easily accessible information here, such as you supply, a problem. For someone like myself who's trying to build an NZ income producing portfolio your site will be invaluable. Thanks.
    www.dividendyield.co.nz
    Conservative Investing and dividend producers...get rich slowly!
    https://www.facebook.com/dividendyieldnz

  13. #28
    Advanced Member BIRMANBOY's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Wellington
    Posts
    1,556

    Default

    Have had several comments about effects of imputation credits so I will work on adding a column to show these and then include this in the gross div yield which at the moment does not include imp. credits. Thanks to all who have given some feedback...eventually will improve it for all and make for a better experience.
    www.dividendyield.co.nz
    Conservative Investing and dividend producers...get rich slowly!
    https://www.facebook.com/dividendyieldnz

  14. #29
    Advanced Member BIRMANBOY's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Wellington
    Posts
    1,556

    Default

    Ok so the road to web nirvana does not travel in a straight line..... the problem with including imputation credits in the dividend yield % is that imputation credits (IC) are not received by non-NZ residents so the div yield as shown on website would be different from their actual yield. They may receive supplementary dividends of course. I have decided its better to keep using the declared dividend as the base for the yield % but to point out that both the IC and Supp Div information should be avail on "details" link page. The problem is of course that the more flexibility and fine tuning available has the unfortunate result of needing more complex programming and time thrown at it. Now theres a dilemma for you....
    www.dividendyield.co.nz
    Conservative Investing and dividend producers...get rich slowly!
    https://www.facebook.com/dividendyieldnz

  15. #30
    Guru
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    3,164

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BIRMANBOY View Post
    the problem with including imputation credits in the dividend yield % is that imputation credits (IC) are not received by non-NZ residents so the div yield as shown on website would be different from their actual yield.
    Who is your target market? Because currently the comparisons are not accurate for residents as a fully imputed Div is worth 39% more than one without.
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •