sharetrader
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Target market is anyone looking at dividend yields so could be from anywhere...difficulty lies in identifying where potential investor is from and then providing appropriate information. Overstating the dividend yield is equally as bad as understating so we are working on options but are limited by time available and recognising it is a DIY project. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ View Post
    Who is your target market? Because currently the comparisons are not accurate for residents as a fully imputed Div is worth 39% more than one without.
    www.dividendyield.co.nz
    Conservative Investing and dividend producers...get rich slowly!
    https://www.facebook.com/dividendyieldnz

Logical solution is to create separate sites for resident and non-resident. Just my opinion. Good luck with venture-might have a tiger by the tail.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BIRMANBOY View Post
    Target market is anyone looking at dividend yields so could be from anywhere...difficulty lies in identifying where potential investor is from and then providing appropriate information. Overstating the dividend yield is equally as bad as understating so we are working on options but are limited by time available and recognising it is a DIY project. Thanks.
    Hi Birmanboy.. I would like to wager that most NZ stocks are purchased by NZ'ers or NZ interests. Ie there is not that much interest in the NZ market from offshore and thus I would suggest that Imputations are very important to the majority of people visiting the site. Hope this helps.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Hi Birmanboy.. I would like to wager that most NZ stocks are purchased by NZ'ers or NZ interests. Ie there is not that much interest in the NZ market from offshore and thus I would suggest that Imputations are very important to the majority of people visiting the site. Hope this helps.
    I would agree. There would be very little M&D investors (your target market) from outside NZ, except the odd expat.
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Question So you think I am odd do you

Quote Originally Posted by CJ View Post
    I would agree. There would be very little M&D investors (your target market) from outside NZ, except the odd expat.
    Well there are a few overseas based kiwi's on this forum.
    Perhaps you could keep everybody happy separate Net, Gross Non-Resident and Gross Resident percentage yields.
    Or give the dividend, supplementary and imputation amounts in the details.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger

[PS I was never called Pat either]
    om mani peme hum

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    I wasn't counting Tiger's!

We have a dot com and a dot net domain so yes....theoretically could leave the .co.nz for NZ residents and keep separate but the problem with that is overseas browsers could find themselves on .co.nz site depending on search engine etc. and there is no way of controlling access (as far as I know)? so looks like ONE RING TO RULE THEM ALL is the only way to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwitrev View Post
    Logical solution is to create separate sites for resident and non-resident. Just my opinion. Good luck with venture-might have a tiger by the tail.
    www.dividendyield.co.nz

...To both blackcap and CJ....
    Yes I agree but the primary goal of this site is to help drive some overseas interest towards the NZX....I believe one of the unexploited benefits of the NZX is a much higher dividend return rate than most other exchanges internationally. If those dividend benefits were more visible/accessable/searchable then could help. This is a niche segment of the investment world. Would a US investor try to invest for dividends on the Ukraine or Zambian stock exchange.....unlikely. New Zealand has an international reputation for fairness, lack of corruption etc. its just a question of targeting the market.....which I see as huge. Imputation credits are important only to locals. Trick is to try and have our cake and eat it too. Thanks blackcap....appreciate your interest.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Last edited by BIRMANBOY; 17-07-2013 at 04:23 PM.
    www.dividendyield.co.nz

HA...confucious say man who try and keep everbody happy is chastised by wife and punished by his mother.
    Perhaps you could keep everybody happy separate Net, Gross Non-Resident and Gross Resident percentage yields.
    Or give the dividend, supplementary and imputation amounts in the details.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger

[PS I was never called Pat either]
    www.dividendyield.co.nz

Guru

Yes I agree but the primary goal of this site is to help drive some overseas interest towards the NZX.
    That answers my 'target market' question. Net is is then.

Default Technology solutions

We have a dot com and a dot net domain so yes....theoretically could leave the .co.nz for NZ residents and keep separate but the problem with that is overseas browsers could find themselves on .co.nz site depending on search engine etc. and there is no way of controlling access (as far as I know)? so looks like ONE RING TO RULE THEM ALL is the only way to go.
    One simple way, before you get to registered users, would be to have a form so that one can specify whether one is NZ tax resident or not and store it in a cookie/local storage.
    So once specified the website serves up the required data set.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Oh.ok what I DONT know about computers and software is unfortunately embarrassing in its magnitude. However my programmer partner would no doubt have an appreciation of what you suggest. So as I understand what you are saying...when/if a user logs in..their requirements are recognised and they are shunted in the appropriate direction. Makes sense...still have the problem of browsers and multiple options mean multiple work loads. I'm trying to make myself obsolete. Howard Hughes observing all his kingdom from his throne high in a Las Vegas hi-rise.
    One simple way, before you get to registered users, would be to have a form so that one can specify whether one is NZ tax resident or not and store it in a cookie/local storage.
    So once specified the website serves up the required data set.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    Last edited by BIRMANBOY; 18-07-2013 at 01:16 PM. Reason: clarity is king when you live in a glass house!
    www.dividendyield.co.nz

Very much appreciated. There is not a lot of research tools available in New Zealand so this site is very much welcomed.

Exclamation Without getting at all technical, but example code available on request

... So as I understand what you are saying...when/if a user logs in..their requirements are recognised and they are shunted in the appropriate direction. Makes sense...still have the problem of browsers and multiple options mean multiple work loads. I'm trying to make myself obsolete. Howard Hughes observing all his kingdom from his throne high in a Las Vegas hi-rise.
    No the user would not need to log in.
    Your programmer could do a little form or a bit of javascript or whatever he wants, to enable the user to choose NZ or not NZ which is stored in the browser(s) cookie.

Then at the relevant points change the data displayed.

OK it is a little bit of effort but If he says he can't do that, then...

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Thanks...I'll discuss with him and see where it goes. Appreciate your suggestion and offer.
    No the user would not need to log in.
    Your programmer could do a little form or a bit of javascript or whatever he wants, to enable the user to choose NZ or not NZ which is stored in the browser(s) cookie.

Then at the relevant points change the data displayed.

OK it is a little bit of effort but If he says he can't do that, then...

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    www.dividendyield.co.nz