sharetrader
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 124
  1. #31
    Advanced Member BIRMANBOY's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Wellington
    Posts
    1,556

    Default

    Target market is anyone looking at dividend yields so could be from anywhere...difficulty lies in identifying where potential investor is from and then providing appropriate information. Overstating the dividend yield is equally as bad as understating so we are working on options but are limited by time available and recognising it is a DIY project. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ View Post
    Who is your target market? Because currently the comparisons are not accurate for residents as a fully imputed Div is worth 39% more than one without.
    www.dividendyield.co.nz
    Conservative Investing and dividend producers...get rich slowly!
    https://www.facebook.com/dividendyieldnz

  2. #32
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    445

    Default

    Logical solution is to create separate sites for resident and non-resident. Just my opinion. Good luck with venture-might have a tiger by the tail.

  3. #33
    Guru
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Wellington, New Zealand
    Posts
    3,178

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BIRMANBOY View Post
    Target market is anyone looking at dividend yields so could be from anywhere...difficulty lies in identifying where potential investor is from and then providing appropriate information. Overstating the dividend yield is equally as bad as understating so we are working on options but are limited by time available and recognising it is a DIY project. Thanks.
    Hi Birmanboy.. I would like to wager that most NZ stocks are purchased by NZ'ers or NZ interests. Ie there is not that much interest in the NZ market from offshore and thus I would suggest that Imputations are very important to the majority of people visiting the site. Hope this helps.

  4. #34
    Guru
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    3,164

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Hi Birmanboy.. I would like to wager that most NZ stocks are purchased by NZ'ers or NZ interests. Ie there is not that much interest in the NZ market from offshore and thus I would suggest that Imputations are very important to the majority of people visiting the site. Hope this helps.
    I would agree. There would be very little M&D investors (your target market) from outside NZ, except the odd expat.
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

  5. #35
    Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Kuching
    Posts
    377

    Question So you think I am odd do you

    Quote Originally Posted by CJ View Post
    I would agree. There would be very little M&D investors (your target market) from outside NZ, except the odd expat.
    Well there are a few overseas based kiwi's on this forum.
    Perhaps you could keep everybody happy separate Net, Gross Non-Resident and Gross Resident percentage yields.
    Or give the dividend, supplementary and imputation amounts in the details.


    Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger

    [PS I was never called Pat either]
    om mani peme hum

  6. #36
    Guru
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    3,164

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    Well there are a few overseas based kiwi's on this forum.
    I wasn't counting Tiger's!
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

  7. #37
    Advanced Member BIRMANBOY's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Wellington
    Posts
    1,556

    Default

    We have a dot com and a dot net domain so yes....theoretically could leave the .co.nz for NZ residents and keep separate but the problem with that is overseas browsers could find themselves on .co.nz site depending on search engine etc. and there is no way of controlling access (as far as I know)? so looks like ONE RING TO RULE THEM ALL is the only way to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwitrev View Post
    Logical solution is to create separate sites for resident and non-resident. Just my opinion. Good luck with venture-might have a tiger by the tail.
    www.dividendyield.co.nz
    Conservative Investing and dividend producers...get rich slowly!
    https://www.facebook.com/dividendyieldnz

  8. #38
    Advanced Member BIRMANBOY's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Wellington
    Posts
    1,556

    Default

    ...To both blackcap and CJ....
    Yes I agree but the primary goal of this site is to help drive some overseas interest towards the NZX....I believe one of the unexploited benefits of the NZX is a much higher dividend return rate than most other exchanges internationally. If those dividend benefits were more visible/accessable/searchable then could help. This is a niche segment of the investment world. Would a US investor try to invest for dividends on the Ukraine or Zambian stock exchange.....unlikely. New Zealand has an international reputation for fairness, lack of corruption etc. its just a question of targeting the market.....which I see as huge. Imputation credits are important only to locals. Trick is to try and have our cake and eat it too. Thanks blackcap....appreciate your interest.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Hi Birmanboy.. I would like to wager that most NZ stocks are purchased by NZ'ers or NZ interests. Ie there is not that much interest in the NZ market from offshore and thus I would suggest that Imputations are very important to the majority of people visiting the site. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by BIRMANBOY; 17-07-2013 at 04:23 PM.
    www.dividendyield.co.nz
    Conservative Investing and dividend producers...get rich slowly!
    https://www.facebook.com/dividendyieldnz

  9. #39
    Advanced Member BIRMANBOY's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Wellington
    Posts
    1,556

    Default

    HA...confucious say man who try and keep everbody happy is chastised by wife and punished by his mother.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    Well there are a few overseas based kiwi's on this forum.
    Perhaps you could keep everybody happy separate Net, Gross Non-Resident and Gross Resident percentage yields.
    Or give the dividend, supplementary and imputation amounts in the details.


    Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger

    [PS I was never called Pat either]
    www.dividendyield.co.nz
    Conservative Investing and dividend producers...get rich slowly!
    https://www.facebook.com/dividendyieldnz

  10. #40
    Guru
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    3,164

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BIRMANBOY View Post
    Yes I agree but the primary goal of this site is to help drive some overseas interest towards the NZX.
    That answers my 'target market' question. Net is is then.
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

  11. #41
    Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Kuching
    Posts
    377

    Default Technology solutions

    Quote Originally Posted by BIRMANBOY View Post
    We have a dot com and a dot net domain so yes....theoretically could leave the .co.nz for NZ residents and keep separate but the problem with that is overseas browsers could find themselves on .co.nz site depending on search engine etc. and there is no way of controlling access (as far as I know)? so looks like ONE RING TO RULE THEM ALL is the only way to go.
    One simple way, before you get to registered users, would be to have a form so that one can specify whether one is NZ tax resident or not and store it in a cookie/local storage.
    So once specified the website serves up the required data set.

    Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

  12. #42
    Advanced Member BIRMANBOY's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Wellington
    Posts
    1,556

    Default

    Oh.ok what I DONT know about computers and software is unfortunately embarrassing in its magnitude. However my programmer partner would no doubt have an appreciation of what you suggest. So as I understand what you are saying...when/if a user logs in..their requirements are recognised and they are shunted in the appropriate direction. Makes sense...still have the problem of browsers and multiple options mean multiple work loads. I'm trying to make myself obsolete. Howard Hughes observing all his kingdom from his throne high in a Las Vegas hi-rise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    One simple way, before you get to registered users, would be to have a form so that one can specify whether one is NZ tax resident or not and store it in a cookie/local storage.
    So once specified the website serves up the required data set.

    Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    Last edited by BIRMANBOY; 18-07-2013 at 01:16 PM. Reason: clarity is king when you live in a glass house!
    www.dividendyield.co.nz
    Conservative Investing and dividend producers...get rich slowly!
    https://www.facebook.com/dividendyieldnz

  13. #43
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Rangiora, New Zealand.
    Posts
    98

    Default

    Very much appreciated. There is not a lot of research tools available in New Zealand so this site is very much welcomed.

  14. #44
    Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Kuching
    Posts
    377

    Exclamation Without getting at all technical, but example code available on request

    Quote Originally Posted by BIRMANBOY View Post
    ... So as I understand what you are saying...when/if a user logs in..their requirements are recognised and they are shunted in the appropriate direction. Makes sense...still have the problem of browsers and multiple options mean multiple work loads. I'm trying to make myself obsolete. Howard Hughes observing all his kingdom from his throne high in a Las Vegas hi-rise.
    No the user would not need to log in.
    Your programmer could do a little form or a bit of javascript or whatever he wants, to enable the user to choose NZ or not NZ which is stored in the browser(s) cookie.

    Then at the relevant points change the data displayed.

    OK it is a little bit of effort but If he says he can't do that, then...

    Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

  15. #45
    Advanced Member BIRMANBOY's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Wellington
    Posts
    1,556

    Default

    Thanks...I'll discuss with him and see where it goes. Appreciate your suggestion and offer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    No the user would not need to log in.
    Your programmer could do a little form or a bit of javascript or whatever he wants, to enable the user to choose NZ or not NZ which is stored in the browser(s) cookie.

    Then at the relevant points change the data displayed.

    OK it is a little bit of effort but If he says he can't do that, then...

    Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    www.dividendyield.co.nz
    Conservative Investing and dividend producers...get rich slowly!
    https://www.facebook.com/dividendyieldnz

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •