sharetrader
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    Update Ready To Install

Grow rich through dividends

This Article by old boy stephen parr supports your strategy BB and fungus, with the power of DIA ;dividend income accelerator.

Hah...we may be old but ,but, but..damn I've forgotten what I was going to say.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post

This Article by old boy stephen parr supports your strategy BB and fungus, with the power of DIA ;dividend income accelerator.
    www.dividendyield.co.nz
    Conservative Investing and dividend producers...get rich slowly!
    https://www.facebook.com/dividendyieldnz

Perhaps the book should have been called "Grow rich by stating the bleeding obvious that has been written about many times before" ? But then I haven't read the book so maybe it is more than stated in the article.

The Dividend Yield site has added a introductory website tour video to the website. This is a short overview of the present features and how they operate ...just in case there are users who have "neglected to read the manual". There are no cats present or participating in the video...however if viewer usage is low, these enhancements may well be introduced.
    www.dividendyield.co.nz

I'm keen to see this happen. How do you plan to source the dates? I would offer my help if you needed it.

Quote Originally Posted by BIRMANBOY View Post
    Yes..Shouldn't be too much longer.

Update Ready To Install

Hah...we may be old but ,but, but..damn I've forgotten what I was going to say.
    Just seen this now haha ;.... did i write that

Hi, I've actually done it but need to get my programmer to implement it...he's too busy making money at the moment. I have to catch him at the right time. Thank you for your offer however.
    Quote Originally Posted by smpl View Post
    I'm keen to see this happen. How do you plan to source the dates? I would offer my help if you needed it.
    www.dividendyield.co.nz

Well we may be moving into a period where my theory is tested...i.e. Holding and adding to dividend producers in down cycles is the key to long range maximised super dividend yields and in the mid range (throughout the down/sideways cycle) actually causes little change in income from dividend producers. Obviously ignoring any capital loss..on the basis that sooner or later most dividend producers will always recover...why?..because they will keep producing income even if at a slightly lower level. This therefore will attract re-entrants back into the market more readily. Or...yes we may be too old. In which case the SPCA will be the beneficiary of my severely reduced estate.
    Just seen this now haha ;.... did i write that
    www.dividendyield.co.nz

Well BB (he said to himself) stage one is apparently in motion and the long awaited correction appears to have finally arrived. The unknown factor of course is for how long and to what extent will it penetrate the markets. My initial thoughts are that firstly the NZX will escape some of the excesses when compared to your big international markets. Secondly the NZX movement appears to be solely driven by "follow the leader", as opposed to any real business results. Thirdly any money exiting the market will no doubt be destined for re-entry at more attractive recipients. Lastly the most deserving of recipients will in all probability be income providers...both for dividend hounds looking to increase yield % long term and also to traders looking to hedge their bets with sold down solid stocks that have a back stop of stable investors not scared of a little volatility. Parking funds here until the true extent of the correction becomes apparent over time.
    Well we may be moving into a period where my theory is tested...i.e. Holding and adding to dividend producers in down cycles is the key to long range maximised super dividend yields and in the mid range (throughout the down/sideways cycle) actually causes little change in income from dividend producers. Obviously ignoring any capital loss..on the basis that sooner or later most dividend producers will always recover...why?..because they will keep producing income even if at a slightly lower level. This therefore will attract re-entrants back into the market more readily. Or...yes we may be too old. In which case the SPCA will be the beneficiary of my severely reduced estate.
    www.dividendyield.co.nz

Just to advise that I have been entering new data for dividends y/ending 2015. Some have been done and some aint....which is which should be apparent by looking at dividend bar chart. 2014 would indicate that it aint,,,,and 2015 otherwise.. Probably take a week or two in between, naps, eating, sleeping and tennis in no particular order. Also getting closer to moving to user id and password for access to added features such as insider tips on upcoming dividends (from rogue directors on my payroll), six month secret forecasts from reserve bank and money back guarantees on all share tips.
    www.dividendyield.co.nz

Update Ready To Install

Thanks BB its a great resource. How about refreshing he websiteonce a month ,i forget lots of things.

What's to refresh? Its about dividends, which as you no doubt have noticed, (but as you said, apparently forgotten,) only happen infrequently.... However there probably would be interest in a share that gave monthly dividends...hmmmm..must look into that. But glad you find it useful...just remember (difficult for some I know,) that usefulness when you receive the monthly invoice for full and unadulterated use of the site.
    Thanks BB its a great resource. How about refreshing he websiteonce a month ,i forget lots of things.
    www.dividendyield.co.nz

Update Ready To Install

Refresh my/ our memories re your great website. Happy to pay(as long as there's a bottle of Lindauer summer thrown in)

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Thumbs down Given a Tiger a database and he will bore you to tears

What's to refresh? Its about dividends, which as you no doubt have noticed, (but as you said, apparently forgotten,) only happen infrequently.... ...
    Good to see you are bringing the site up to date. I assumed that you had given up on it.

So you will know that in the last 365 days there have been 262 dividends declared by 127 different listed entities with 102 distinct ex-dividend dates.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger

PS: And did you know that llamas as bigger than frogs?
    om mani peme hum

I'll leave the nit, llama and frog picking to you.... Dividend devotees have a long view approach and specifically a couple of days here and there is neither here nor there. The full years dividends only,(not mid year), and the updating are only added at the moment when the auspicious entrails have settled into a readily discernible pattern... . This is traditionally late November when a majority of companies have coughed up their offerings and the updating can be started in a leisurely fashion and completed by late December when every company has given its all plus any late night specials. Its all about the history here...if someone is needing up to the moment information they can add that in from other sources. Not that I don't see value in having up to date data but as they say "good cheese takes time".
    Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    Good to see you are bringing the site up to date. I assumed that you had given up on it.

So you will know that in the last 365 days there have been 262 dividends declared by 127 different listed entities with 102 distinct ex-dividend dates.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger

PS: And did you know that llamas as bigger than frogs?
    www.dividendyield.co.nz