sharetrader
Page 71 of 277 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581121171 ... LastLast

Thread: ZEL - Z Energy.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Thanks Winner. See also post #684 for how the gross up of the dividends works with imputation credits.
    Worth noting that based on forecast net yield the payback period for one's investment is only 10 years....i.e. probably before EV's make any meaningful impact on fuel volumes.
    Hey Bull, That could be another reason people are investing.
    im surprised you consider investing just on a dividend yield , you might get a nice one next div but in the future they will only decrease. thats why they changed there div policy.

its a value trap in my opinion unless they brought say an energy company like gne , mcy , mel lol to complement there petrol.

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/v/valuetrap.asp

also brokers dont believe they will achieve more than 50c divs going forward

https://www.odt.co.nz/business/z-low...r-expectations

i used to trade the range between 7 - 8 very profitable now its in a downtrend i dont tounch down trending stocks maily because there there is a reason they are going down.
    one step ahead of the herd

I know what a value trap is and don't need to read your link.
    "Brokers don't believe they will achieve more than 50 cps going forward", see post #698 - If your post was true why is the average analyst forecasting dividends for FY21 56.9 cps ?
    Your statement is a blatant misrepresentation of the truth.

Compound annual growth in aviation fuel supply at ~ 6% per annum is going to more than offset the very very gradual decline in fuel sales, in my opinion, due to the extremely slow and gradual uptake of EV's. I've done my own thorough review of the EV market and I believe the uptake in N.Z. will be a LOT slower than you and many other people think. I think dividends in the 50 cps per annum range are sustainable for at least the next decade, probably into the early to mid 2030's. Average analyst valuation on a DCF basis is $7.15. https://www.marketscreener.com/Z-ENE...098/consensus/
    Last edited by Beagle; 05-01-2019 at 05:08 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

5.50 tomorrow..... according to my lines..... ( palm lines that is ) Lots of bids anyway.. thanks for the link Beagle .

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Average analyst valuation on a DCF basis is $7.15. https://www.marketscreener.com/Z-ENE...098/consensus/
    Great resource Beagles. You should look at the MET consensus -- even more of a screaming buy than ZEL. Analyst valuations 45% over current SP vs only 33% for ZEL.

IMO

MET consensus recco has been the same for 18 months though and the s/p is lower than 18 months ago. A grain of salt with this 4T data.

yep market screener should be used as a reference not as gospel

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    5.50 tomorrow..... according to my lines..... ( palm lines that is ) Lots of bids anyway.. thanks for the link Beagle .
    Happy days . Hopefully the trend continues... TA opinions?

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Happy days . Hopefully the trend continues... TA opinions?
    could be forming a lower low needs to go above 6 i reckon to confirm. some analysts say the drop was too large a reaction to the downgrade so i guess there is possibilty of a short term bounce. results next time will be key to price. as ive already stated in the long term its a business in structural decline but will pay nice divs in the short term.

Thanks bull. Even 6 would be good from 5.4 . 10% ish trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    Great resource Beagles. You should look at the MET consensus -- even more of a screaming buy than ZEL. Analyst valuations 45% over current SP vs only 33% for ZEL.
    Polar opposites, MET a very different prospect. See my comments in the MET thread.
    Nice to see a wee bounce on Friday...cheered me up a little bit on a day I really needed it.
    Last edited by Beagle; 12-01-2019 at 01:31 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine