sharetrader
Page 131 of 277 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131132133134135141181231 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 2763

Thread: ZEL - Z Energy.

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Yes, she'll take credit for anything that she thinks will build her political capital.
    over fuel margins...
    LOL. You take credit all the time.Infinite self rubbing.
    Lets wait and see . From my experience our Prime Minister does the opposite.She really needs to take more credit for righting the last Govt's wrongs.

I put in a lot of effort on here to post detailed analysis on many stocks and I know a lot of people appreciate it.
    By and large I think Jacinda is doing a good job, (did a really outstanding job with the Chch massacre aftermath), and Grimy makes a fair point.
    Last edited by Beagle; 22-11-2019 at 10:16 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Banned

I put in a lot of effort on here to post detailed analysis on many stocks and I know a lot of people appreciate it.
    Unfortunately you'll never please everyone especially outspoken radicals, loose units are hard to moderate.

By and large I think Jacinda is doing a good job, (did a really outstanding job with the Chch massacre aftermath), and Grimy makes a fair point.
    I second that.

Quite sad when holders (clearly suffering under the endowment effect) prefer to shoot the messenger instead of appreciating the exposure to differing views.

Please continue what you are doing ... only a wide variety of views makes it worthwhile to read this forum.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Guru

I second that too. I don't necessarily agree with all opinions but I appreciate the contributions from people with different experiences, more relevant skills and acumen than myself. That all makes a forum.
    Last edited by Bjauck; 22-11-2019 at 11:33 AM.

IMO

Ditto, me too.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    I see shareprice almost in the 4's

Go ex divie or something?
    Closed at $4.90. Time to pick up a few thousands shares today. The yield is so tempting that I just mortgage my house for the BUY

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Closed at $4.90. Time to pick up a few thousands shares today. The yield is so tempting that I just mortgage my house for the BUY
    Does look awfully cheap doesn’t it

No matter what punters still need to fill up the car eh
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

The rate at which they're losing market share which seems to be accelerating should be ringing alarm bells at head office. To lose (from memory) another 2.6% retail market share in the last half is pretty sizeable considering many people have entrenched patterns about where they fill their vehicles.

The change in loyalty scheme could be a factor here or are the various fuel company minnows as well as Gull taking their market share ?

The new app discussed recently wherein canny Auckland motorists can buy up to 1,000 litres outside the Auckland area, (2,000 liters per couple of they have separate apps) is the first creative attempt to stem the market share loss but could:-
    a) run foul of the regulators, (its been noted by several people I have discussed this with that Z were very careful to avoid using Auckland as a reference point in their marketing which is probably a very wise move)
    b) result in an "own goal" as effectively people buy the cheapest fuel in a 30km radius thus compressing margins even further. (Just as well its a trial so they can ascertain its effect carefully).

Then there's the regulatory overhang.

Cheap for good reasons.

Interested but I am inclined to wait until:-
    A confirmed bottom is in the share price with the minimum TA indicator being a break up through the 30 day moving average, (preferred TA measure, break up through the 100 day MA)
    The regulatory environment is clear
    Confirmation that market share loss has slowed down significantly.

I would rate the chances of a further downgrade to the current year profit and dividend forecast as being more than 50%.
    Last edited by Beagle; 23-11-2019 at 10:39 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Well said Bjauck. I endorse the comments from you and BP. Not all of us have the time for in-depth analysis of stocks. I sure as hell appreciate the ST informed commentary.