sharetrader
Page 117 of 277 FirstFirst ... 1767107113114115116117118119120121127167217 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 2763

Thread: ZEL - Z Energy.

oil prices plummeting

Oil drops 6% after Saudi energy minister says supply will be fully restored by end of September

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/17/oil-...i-attacks.html

be interesting how quick they are to drop pump prices , took 2 days to jump them.
    one step ahead of the herd

BP have 10 cents off today (if you have right card or whatever). That’ll cost them plenty after yesterday’s price rise

Z making even more — they canned their promo

Good for Z shareholders
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    oil prices plummeting

Oil drops 6% after Saudi energy minister says supply will be fully restored by end of September

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/17/oil-...i-attacks.html

be interesting how quick they are to drop pump prices , took 2 days to jump them.
    So ZEL should lead the market lower with a 6 cent price drop tomorrow. I think there's more chance I'll see a herd of pink pigs fly past my office window.
    GULL are going to come out of this smelling like Roses. Holding the price until at least Saturday this week and absorbing the very temporary increase in oil costs.
    Last edited by Beagle; 18-09-2019 at 09:45 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

The commission’s draft report last month found all the players were earning at least twice the 8.6 percent return it estimated as the upper bound for the industry’s weighted average cost of capital. Gull was the highest at about 28 percent, followed by a grouping of Waitomo, NPD and GAS at almost 25 percent, and Z Energy at almost 23 percent. Mobil and BP came in at close to 20 percent and 18 percent respectively.

How does Gull keep such a high margin, yet no one would say, they are expensive, I certainly don't. Could it be, that the costs of maintaining complicated bonus schemes are high?

Gull importing fully refined fuel to Tauranga port (as I understand it) and trucking it to retailers.
    Many unmanned stations and obviously they don't need dozens of executives on many hundred's of thousands each to help to put together huge presentations to shareholders full of heaps of choice buzzwords. Just a really simple, modestly capital intensive and no corproate B.S. operation.
    Last edited by Beagle; 18-09-2019 at 10:53 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Gull importing fully refined fuel to Tauranga port (as I understand it) and trucking it to retailers.
    Many unmanned stations and obviously they don't need dozens of executives on many hundred's of thousands each to help to put together huge presentations to shareholders full of heaps of choice buzzwords. Just a really simple, modestly capital intensive and no corproate B.S. operation.
    ...streamlined as business needs to be.

Which is why none of the big boys are keen to take Gull on.

I passed my local Z yesterday on the way to work,they had put their price up to 2.29 a litre from 2.17 the day before,a massive 12c a ltr!.I didn't notice if they had reduced prices during the day,but it does indicate that no-one seems to know what they are doing at Z

Quote Originally Posted by steveb View Post

I passed my local Z yesterday on the way to work,they had put their price up to 2.29 a litre from 2.17 the day before,a massive 12c a ltr!.I didn't notice if they had reduced prices during the day,but it does indicate that no-one seems to know what they are doing at Z
    Surely not...they keep reminding us that Z is "for New Zealand"...bit disingenuous to leave the word "shareholders" off the end of that marketing catch cry eh

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by steveb View Post

Not just Z, have seen pump prices both at BP and Mobil went up y'day and both are doing discount day today. In fact BP was the first one to put up prices by 6c y'day arvo.

Veteran novice

The poor Aussies have it hard - "Oil may get to $2 and that may be the straw that breaks the economy's back!".

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-09-...ction=business

Personally, I think the effect of the drone strikes has been overdone. The Americans had to bomb the Ploesti oil installations heavily and repeatedly during WW11 before any lasting damage was inflicted.