sharetrader
Page 176 of 277 FirstFirst ... 76126166172173174175176177178179180186226276 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,760 of 2763

Thread: ZEL - Z Energy.

Quote Originally Posted by flyer View Post
    Im quite surprised how many Tesla's you see now when driving around, seems to be more and more, in Auckland area anyway.
    Not just up there, there seem to be more on the roads in Wellington too. And Nissan Leafs are becoming quite common.

The trend in increasing uptake of EVs and PHEVs was happening before Covid-19. The bigger issues for Z right now are New Zealand Refining and grounded planes.

Reopening the borders would change a lot but that seems a long way away.
    If I have been reading it right the vaccines being tested lower the death toll but don't prevent Covid-19. I wonder if our government would reopen the borders with a vaccine that doesn't eradicate the virus? I feel most countries would return to productivity and free travel but our government might take a tougher approach and try to keep the virus out, just in case.
    Thoughts?

Things are tracking in the right direction.
    Increases in fuel volumes in July compared with June 2020.
    Still mostly below last year's volumes but this is good news

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...775/328129.pdf

"Total Z group volume for July is down 15.9% versus 2019 PCP (previous corresponding period)
    primarily due to less Jet and Marine volume.

Z group volume for July was up 8.9% against the
    previous month due to increases in both Z and Caltex volume in both petrol and diesel.

Volume, excluding ‘Other’ and ‘Supply Industry & Export’ was up 0.9% PCP over the previous
    year and up 5.7% versus the month of June 2020."
    Last edited by tango; 11-08-2020 at 03:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
    The trend in increasing uptake of EVs and PHEVs was happening before Covid-19. The bigger issues for Z right now are New Zealand Refining and grounded planes.

Reopening the borders would change a lot but that seems a long way away.
    If I have been reading it right the vaccines being tested lower the death toll but don't prevent Covid-19. I wonder if our government would reopen the borders with a vaccine that doesn't eradicate the virus? I feel most countries would return to productivity and free travel but our government might take a tougher approach and try to keep the virus out, just in case.
    Thoughts?
    Pretty sure our current government - and our most likely future one - would take a tough approach to letting the virus back in.

At the moment Z do seem to be very expensive relative to Gull at least. So if there volumes are recovering as well then they should be able to hold their margin. Cant help but think motorists notice though, and vote with their accelerator.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    Pretty sure our current government - and our most likely future one - would take a tough approach to letting the virus back in.
    I agree but most countries are going to be happy to reduce the death toll rather than eliminate it.

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    At the moment Z do seem to be very expensive relative to Gull at least. So if there volumes are recovering as well then they should be able to hold their margin. Cant help but think motorists notice though, and vote with their accelerator.
    That’s the sticker price. Most customers have flybuys and get 6c to 10c off per litre.

I agree but most countries are going to be happy to reduce the death toll rather than eliminate it.

That’s the sticker price. Most customers have flybuys and get 6c to 10c off per litre.
    Yes, that's the issue. The system is no longer simple. You can't look at the price board and make a quick decision. On top of what you've mentioned, Z and Caltex also allow you to stack discounts can have a significant effect on the total price paid if you're willing to make multiple visits to the service station. Then you have the Countdown tie-in to the offer as well.

Mobil on the other hand, doesn't offer the stacking, but does offer a cents per litre discount as well as a reward discount once you've spent a certain amount on fuel.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaphod View Post
    Yes, that's the issue. The system is no longer simple. You can't look at the price board and make a quick decision. On top of what you've mentioned, Z and Caltex also allow you to stack discounts can have a significant effect on the total price paid if you're willing to make multiple visits to the service station. Then you have the Countdown tie-in to the offer as well.

Mobil on the other hand, doesn't offer the stacking, but does offer a cents per litre discount as well as a reward discount once you've spent a certain amount on fuel.
    Interestingly when the loyalty scheme changed In August 2019, Z for the first time allowed discount stacking. Since then the overall level of discounting for the company has really hurt its profit. I think quite a large percentage of people are into this stacking thing.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Interestingly when the loyalty scheme changed In August 2019, Z for the first time allowed discount stacking. Since then the overall level of discounting for the company has really hurt its profit. I think quite a large percentage of people are into this stacking thing.
    Yet today’s report claims that this is responsible for more business. Z seems happy with the increased sales

Should have sold today. Watch Z tank tomorrow after the announcement today

Yes sure, but even taking that into consideration, last week Gull was a massive 25c per litre cheaper, comparing cheapest prices.
    This week its only 10c difference but still...

Still as I said, if they selling it in good volume at higher prices then that's good for s/h's, but it will backfire when the govt needs a scapegoat.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....