sharetrader
Page 42 of 277 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445465292142 ... LastLast

Thread: ZEL - Z Energy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    Probably not the best timing for a profit result, given petrol company profit debates and current govt excitement in having BP in their crosshairs. Just wish they'd have a looking at the grocery market instead....
    just more pr spin by the govt , higher petrol prices means more tax for govt , couldnt agree more over the food duopoly
    one step ahead of the herd

IMO

Agree with you both. Judith Colins used to trot out the same spin regularly. And the supermkt duopoly has had this situ for a long time.I remember when they (and prob still do)put agriculture producers against each other , at times forcing providers to sell at below cost to get a bit of cashflow. now the ever increasing house brands are another unhealthy shift in power pricing imo.

https://www.nbr.co.nz/article/energy...rrel-ng-215385

Could there be an upswing on this news?

Quote Originally Posted by carrom74 View Post
    https://www.nbr.co.nz/article/energy...rrel-ng-215385

Could there be an upswing on this news?
    2pm est trump will announce his iran statement

Vision over Visibility

After the solid result, some decent volumes coming through in the past week or so. SP happily regained the 22c div today after shedding ex yesterday. Looking ahead, estimated 50-55 cps div across next FY, this is really increasing the attractiveness of the div yield.. Insto's increasing stake as these up as part of their Div funds...

Same store growth, commercial and aviation looks to continue short term growth trajectory. Notwithsanding the reporting views and public debate, it does appear that the retail sector is becoming more competitive through increased footprints of Gull and other smaller localised regional stations.. I am sure there was a stat around 60 stations new throughout NZ..ad that the big 4 distributed 90% of retail fuel, now this is something like 79%.

Happy to hold. Figure it'll average near this mark, might get back up towards that $8 resistance point, then might reconsider.

certainly good buying if you took the risk just under 7 that it would bounce back in the range , up 50c +div

Mark Lister (@MarkListerNZ)
    18/07/18, 8:48 AM
    One of the first earnings downgraded ahead of the August reporting season out this am. Z Energy revises EBITDAF guidance down 6-7%, on the back of supply chain disruptions and high petrol prices.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

caught out by volitilty in oil price 10% down 10% up now 10% down from highs, dont see them cutting petrol prices at the pump till they make it back lol

there are some good reasons why profit is down esp having to buy spot product but I cant help but also see this as a way to fend off further inquiries/criticism.
    Wouldn't be a good time politically to be making huge increases in profit
    I know I've stopped using Z since Countdowns OneCard went over to 6c/litre discount at BP. (irrelevant personal anecdote)
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

percy

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    there are some good reasons why profit is down esp having to buy spot product but I cant help but also see this as a way to fend off further inquiries/criticism.
    Wouldn't be a good time politically to be making huge increases in profit
    I know I've stopped using Z since Countdowns OneCard went over to 6c/litre discount at BP. (irrelevant personal anecdote)
    Wait until to you receive a Gold Card [thanks Winnie], 10 cents off a litre at Challenge and 15 cents off a litre at NPD.
    Only trouble is No.1 daughter says since I get so much a litre off, I should not mind filling her car as well.!!..lol.
    Last edited by percy; 18-07-2018 at 03:00 PM.